• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Hurricane Season 2017

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hurricane parties at the Hunter's Cove pool used to be a thing. Everyone had to empty out their freezers in case we lost power, and we couldn't let any beer get warm.

Hopefully SNAs are firing up the grills and continuing the tradition!
When LTJG nittany03 was an FNG type in advanced at Meridian, Grandma and Grandpa thought it would be a great time to send a styrofoam cooler care package full of Omaha Steaks . . . right before Katrina was supposed to hit. Epic night of drinking, grilling, and steak-eating followed, and then someone drunkenly decided to start a game of penny-ante poker (this was right at the beginning of the mid-aughts Texas hold'em craze). I freaking suck at poker. I mean, I really really suck out loud at poker. I somehow won like 40 bucks that night. Then the power and the ATMs went out for a week and a half. No one asked me for money, but I still felt guilty. :confused:

Last edited:

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Hurricane parties at the Hunter's Cove pool used to be a thing. Everyone had to empty out their freezers in case we lost power, and we couldn't let any beer get warm.

Hopefully SNAs are firing up the grills and continuing the tradition!

Sadly, most people here are freaking out. There was a line to get 9 sand bags per family (what can you do with 9 sandbags you can't do with 15 towels shoved under doors?) that was over a mile long, per the SNA Facebook page.

There is also talk of a mando TW2 evacuation, which will be fun with 3 week old twins.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
And within the next 72 hours people in the direct path of this storm (PacNW and Oceana....) will be required to "muster" via NFAAS....

I want to see a one-page white paper that explains to me how that shitty program has ever been used for useful aims - how it serves the fleet.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And within the next 72 hours people in the direct path of this storm (PacNW and Oceana....) will be required to "muster" via NFAAS....

I want to see a one-page white paper that explains to me how that shitty program has ever been used for useful aims - how it serves the fleet.
Quick! There's a natural disaster in your area . . . better make sure you remember to pack that CAC reader when you evacuate!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Quick! There's a natural disaster in your area . . . better make sure you remember to pack that CAC reader when you evacuate!

To be fair, there is no CAC requirement to muster, and I think there's even an app for that now.

The irony is that Admin access does require a CAC, which is problematic, as your Admin person may not have internet, let alone the ability to use said CAC. Although since you're a OSU Admin Weenie (OAW), shouldn't you have your R2S Dongle?!?