• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HT's going to HSL FRS in Mayport, Looking for a place to live.

Michael2086

I am moving from Milton Fl, to Jacksonville Fl for the FRS. I am having trouble finding a place to live that isnt in a bad part of town or out of my BAH range for an O-1.

Anyone that has lived there or has a suggestion?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm too lazy to go find the link, what's your BAH...and how long will you be an O-1?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When I was looking for places, it was back in 2008 and there wasn't much around Mayport. It's probably a bit better now with all the houses that won't sell, but I was looking around the area between Girvin and Kernan and there were several places that were around that price range. I found a 3/2 that was pretty new for $1295. They never raised the rent on me for 3 years and the neighborhood was crime-free. I'm not saying it's all like that, but the general area is pretty nice and it's a short trip to NRB. There was nothing on the beach at the time, which I wasn't too upset about, as that can be hit and miss.

Have you tried going through a realtor/property manager? Watson seems to be everywhere, as a FYI.

And $1268 for O-1???? I was O-4 single and mine was around $1400. You're making good money!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Beaches, southside, hodges/kernan. Don't live outside the gate at Mayport, it's a shit hole. The new on base housing there looks pretty damn sweet, but who knows when you'd actually get into it.

Michael2086

Thanks, We looked at some places on Kernan today and yesterday, I have a Realtor calling me back tomorrow on some houses.

and I will update my rules of aviation from 3 to 7!

Chris Pandy

I have a home in Covenant Cove (Beach blvd/Hodges) that just became available for rent. It will be available to move in November 1st. I've been renting it for $1400, but can come down depending on how long you're planning on being there. Here's a link to the site it is posted on: http://navytonavyhomes.com/ then go to 'ourlistings' and then 'homes for rent' and mine is 2881 Covenant Cove Drive.