• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hsm-70?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Planning on flying when you are a 4-star Greg? The Bravo will never die.

Nope, when I'm a terminal O-3.:icon_smil I know the Bravo is never going to die. Which works for me, cause after he brief we had on the Romeo's mission systems and how to operate them, I'll stick with the Bravo.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I have decided that I want to be the guy that flies the last -60B to the boneyard.

I wouldn't worry so much about the R - if you like the B you'll at least be content with the R. Now, how you will feel about HSM vs. HSL is another question. Having never been an HSL guy, I cannot really comment on whether the new community will be better or worse, but if I were an HSL-type that is what would concern me.

Of course, if you are one of those who had a less than positive first experience with HSL, then at least it will be different.

Mango

pilot
Why, MB? Just curious. I finished my JO tour at HSL-47 in 2003 (got out in 2005) when supposedly "the helo master plan" was coming together.

Everytime I say "helo master plan" I cage my fingers like Monty Burns and follow it with an "eggsellent".

MasterBates

The unofficial word from BUPERS with the HSL and part of HS merging to become HSM, is that DH screen for the 01, 02 and 03 year groups was going to be tough. Like VP-bad. Due to the squadrons becoming airwing going from 12 OIC/DH slots to 6.

"Not traditional" carrer paths were being encouraged (aquisitions, human resources, AEDO, etc).

hscs

pilot
There will probably be more than 6 -- you need two to three for dets, Ops, Maint, Safety, Training, Admin, and maybe a TacticsO. The other thing to consider is that you will have a couple of extra squadrons...

May be a mute point -- I never expected the HS screen rate to be below 75%, but it was.

Circle K

pilot
The unofficial word from BUPERS with the HSL and part of HS merging to become HSM, is that DH screen for the 01, 02 and 03 year groups was going to be tough. Like VP-bad. Due to the squadrons becoming airwing going from 12 OIC/DH slots to 6.

"Not traditional" carrer paths were being encouraged (aquisitions, human resources, AEDO, etc).

If this is true here's hoping it doesn't get pushed to the right too much more, like the rest of the helo master plan.

Greg, somehow I doubt you'll have to do too much "convincing" in the Hoff's direction that you never want to leave Bravos..... especially since Romeo's takes "pilot of the year" right now.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
especially since Romeo's takes "pilot of the year" right now.

They may be trying to sell that in the fleet to guys who want to avoid a boat for their second sea tour, but trust me, a 60 is a 60 and anybody who is a decent HAC in a B will quickly become a decent HAC in the R.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
If this is true here's hoping it doesn't get pushed to the right too much more, like the rest of the helo master plan.

Greg, somehow I doubt you'll have to do too much "convincing" in the Hoff's direction that you never want to leave Bravos..... especially since Romeo's takes "pilot of the year" right now.

Haha, you got me there. Not flying for 40 days at a stretch probably helps too.

rex280ia

pilot
HSL/M DH screen rates

"The unofficial word from BUPERS with the HSL and part of HS merging to become HSM, is that DH screen for the 01, 02 and 03 year groups was going to be tough. Like VP-bad. Due to the squadrons becoming airwing going from 12 OIC/DH slots to 6.

"Not traditional" carrer paths were being encouraged (aquisitions, human resources, AEDO, etc)."

Master,
Just for a data point, last two year fist look DH screen rates were 61% and 73% for '98 and '99. Total (including OP-T) rates are expected to be about 80%.
You don't have to be the fastest swimmer to not get eaten by the shark, just faster than 20% of the other swimmers...

MasterBates

Well, the number may be better than what we thought..

But that's not my problem now..

(Now VAW/VRC DH numbers, that may concern me if I ever get the $&#k out of Kingsville)