• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hsm-70?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I thought there were already HSM selectees at -41 now. I think this is happening as we speak.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Stand up for -70 is not until Jan 09 per last Rainbow Chart.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But there's been some posts here about HSM being on selection...or so I thought. We need some HT types to chime in.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Found a navy .pdf that said HSM-70 was March 2008. Yes there are HSM selecties, but it's for HSM-71 (west coast)

kejo

pilot
yes, HSM-41 is currently training new romeo pilots fresh out of HT's, and transitioning fleet pilots for the new platform. almost all of the romeo pilots currently in the syllabus will be going to HSM-71 (Raptors), which is in the process of standing up here at NASNI. i think they'll be getting their first aircraft later this summer or in the fall. HSM-70 will be the next squadron to stand up romeos, then i believe HSL-47 will be the next to fall in line.

then there are those of us who are among the last LAMPS studs to train on the west coast, hello sundowners :icon_tong

Circle K

pilot
There were rumbles at HSL 40 of IPs getting done with their shore tours there and getting to do their disassociated sea tour as super JO's at NAS JAX. Obviously with an intermediate (6 month) stop at NASNI. No idea when said IP's were due to leave 40 though.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Found a navy .pdf that said HSM-70 was March 2008. Yes there are HSM selecties, but it's for HSM-71 (west coast)

Reading comprehension. Completely missed that you were asking about an even-numbered squadron. Sorry for the confusion.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
That link only stands up the squadron administratively. Warm bodies and aircraft will follow much later. There will be ZERO R's available to -70 in Mar 08.

Circle K

pilot
Saw a chart a few days ago in the sim building that showed -70's date as Q3 of 2009. I don't know how accurate that could be considering bert's post and my doubts that 70 will go from zero Romeo's to a fully operational squadron in a little over a year. Doesn't seem like the Romeo's would be accepted nearly fast enough for that.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
They can have sufficient a/c to meet that timeframe. While we won't be getting the 20 or so that I believe the schedule still shows for FY 08 (that sked will be changing in the near future), I think 15 is a fairly reasonable target for next FY for LRIP 3 and Lot 4 a/c.

60B Rotorhead

pilot
For what it's worth, this is all hearsay, but I just got done at 40 and what we were hearing is that about the time we're getting done with our first tours (Summer 2010) is about the time 40 was going to start getting Romeos. Other gouge is that half the IP's are going to be shipped over from 41 (don't know if the guys on the Romeo coming from 41 will be supplied by 40 initially i.e. TAD to learn the 60R) to start 40 on the Romeo. Also heard that the initial east coast squadrons will be standing up at NAS Jax vice Mayport. I do know the West Coast is supposed to get the Romeo first then East, so 60R squadrons should start popping up before then out west. Like I said, the only firm part of that is the previous sentence. Groot

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Latest Rev:

HSM-70: first orders cut in Mar 08 for a Mar 09 establishment.

HSM-40: first R's coming in Q3 FY10.

Having said that, that rev. still thinks they will deliver 26 R's next year, which I wouldn't bet my own money on.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
One of the LTs leaving my squadron is going to HSM-41 to do a Super JO tour. I have decided that I want to be the guy that flies the last -60B to the boneyard. We'll see how that one works out.