• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HSL East coast or West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWTre

I just recently earned my wings and wanted to know about the squadrons out at San Dog and Mayport. Pro's and COn's of each any words of wisdom?

To fly is human, to hover is divine

Valion310

One side goes "down under", the other goes to the Med. Both end up in the Gulf. One side is near a larger group of anal-commanders, the other is not.

Valion310 turning base inverted-

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
WHWTre:

I got your email, but figured I'd post here for anyone else. I'm curious, you must already have your coast selected, where are you going? I'm from Florida, so I wanted to go some place new. I don't know a whole lot about HSL east, other than they go to the med and do drug ops. HSL west does Westpacs and drug ops. And yes, they go down to Australia, which I hope to make it to some day. One nice thing about going to Japan or Hawaii is that the wing is not there, so there's a lot less people looking over your shoulder, and the squadron kind of does it's own thing. Hope that helps.

Valion310

Ohhhhh ... Austrailia ... I hear if you throw your cover with your name on it off the deck into the crowd, the girl who finds it is your date and hook up for the whole time your there... [:D]

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
That's a myth, but it's almost that easy. I don't know if you want to risk having your dixie cup picked up by a billibong!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Hey Dave,
It's a long story, but here is the short version. Joined the navy, got the USS Constellation out of San Diego for my first and only duty station(as a grape). When I got out, my intentions where to go to school and get a degree, so I could be a navy pilot. Couldn't make it in the civilian world and decided I missed the military(odd, but true). Tried to go back in the Navy, but at the time they weren't taking prior service. On the way out of the recruiters office, I bumped into an Army recruiter. I told him the only way I would join was if I got a skate job, so I could go to school. I got an accounting rate and was first stationed at Ft. Bragg then Mannheim, Germany. Met my Army wife, finished with the University of Maryland (2 yrs), then decided to persue my original "TOP GUN" dream. Jumped through hoops to get an OCS date and got an OCS date of March 22, 2003. Now, thanks to another member of this board, it's looking like I'm going to OCS on the 26th of October. I ETS'd in December and now work as an Army Civilian. WOW!! And this was the short version.

Dave Shutter

So you went Navy...Army...Navy. A little confused there?[:p]...and you had an accounting RATE in the Army huh?

Your stories a lot like mine, Army right out of HS, did 2 years in Germany on M-1's, (Baumholder & Budingen) did college and after two years of not finding any work in my field (ie: still working in a resturaunt) heeded to that very loud voice in the back of my head and now I'm waiting to start Primary. I also credit getting selected from a guy I met here, he's over in OCS right now as a matter of fact. He gave me the # for his Rec' in KC and he informed me of a new reg' that my Rec' were unaware of, namely the age waiver.

Good luck, and knock back a Weizen and a brat for me!

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Originally posted by Dave Shutter
So you went Navy...Army...Navy. A little confused there?
Can you tell which I like best?
Good luck, and knock back a Weizen and a brat for me!
I will be thinking about you this weekend in Munchen(Munich) while I get sloshed at Octoberfest!

Status
Not open for further replies.