• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HPV Vaccine question

• Thread starter SovereignoftheSeas
  • Start date
S

SovereignoftheSeas

Trying to get the HPV vaccine - I haven't yet started the 3 shot series that lasts 6 months. Hoping to go to Navy OCS for SWO in early November.

If I get the first shot of the 3 part HPV vaccine while I'm still a civilian, does anyone know if it would be easy to get the rest of the series (2nd and 3rd shots) once I'm in the Navy? Or best to wait and try to get the entire series in the Navy if that is even a possibility.

Thanks!

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Yes, during the end of JOC and early into SOC phase, medical has folks come in for their vaccinations and they give the choice of HPV and if you have records of beginning the cycle (bring your vaccination records), they can give you only what you still need.

Also, once you're in the fleet you can just walk into immunizations and tell them what you need/want.

S

SovereignoftheSeas

Awesome that is great to know, thanks!
(nice signature quote btw)

Last edited by a moderator:

nodropinufaka

Unsure how old you are but there is an age limit to start that vaccine so don't wait on starting the series.

S

SovereignoftheSeas

I did look into that. I turn 25 in October but I think I'll be done with it by 26 or during age 26 either way. Thanks!

S

SovereignoftheSeas

Awesome, I've seen by 26 as recommended for males but either way it's great to know.