• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How would I go about getting into USNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

I graduated high school in 2003, attended the University of Texas in the summer of '03 and have a 3.67 GPA after 9 hours there. Enlisted in USMC reserves and went to USMC boot camp in the fall of '03 and just graduated. I have some really great congressional contacts and scored a 1360 on the SAT. My class rank in high school was like 190 out of 500 with a 3.71 GPA..had the most fun out of anybody though. Is there any chance of me getting into the Naval Academy? Does being enlisted help my chances? I really don't know anything about applying for USNA. I never really thought about it until boot camp. Do I compete against other reservists or against the upcoming high school class for a spot? Any advice on what I could do for my situation would be GREATLY appreciated. I leave for MCT on Jan. 12th and will be at my MOS school until March 19th. I'm going to take the rest of the year off and get my applications for NROTC Marine Option and USNA together. Thanks in advance!

usmc03

You can still apply to the Academy. Your profile seems pretty strong. Check out the admissions page at www.usna.edu for all the info. that you need. Also, contact your congressional representative and two senators regarding applying for a nomination. Also read what I wrote to NavySwimmer02's question. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.