• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heerothewizard

How do you tell (without going to a doctor, if possible) if you need PRK/LASIK?
Will you be nearsighted/farsighted enough to need glasses? Or will it not be noticeable except in maybe reading a whiteboard close up/far away or something like that?

^_^ thx

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Have your dad or mom be an eye doctor, or be one yourself. Otherwise, it's up to a professional to say. I'm "farsighed" but don't need glasses (except when flying...stupid rules), but I have an astigmatism, which I've been told, can nullify any eye surgery I could have. Of course, that's old info, and I really should.....see an eye doctor.
icon_smile_wink.gif

aengle

If you have to ask, then you probabbly do not need PRK.
If you can qualify for a drivers license without wearing eyeglasses, and you do not have trouble reading small print at the end of a long day, then that is a pretty good sign that you do not need PRK (or any other form of vision correction).
Of course, as an Optometrist I would prefer that you went and had your eyes examined!

jpfarsider

I printed out some random eye charts. (Search for eye charts) But I have to say that my little eye examination setup wasn't the best. Taping up the chart on the wall and walking back 20 feet...
I am heading off to get the REAL eye exam...

Status
Not open for further replies.