• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to knock time off your PRT run time

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
It depends on the DI. A certain DI likes to hold inspections on some sundays, although there wasn't really any RPT.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It depends on the DI. A certain DI likes to hold inspections on some sundays, although there wasn't really any RPT.

My point exactly. Our DI had us Drill for like 4 hours one sunday before drill comp because he "let us" have base lib on saturday or some similar agreement. We didn't get beat that sunday (although he constantly threatened it if we kept on sucking). So sunday is for relaxing, and healing.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You are not in OCS yet, so why beat yourself up?
To be honest, I don't consider this workout "beating myself up." Biking is a very low-impact and relaxing exercise. Going 5 miles in 20-30 minutes with a decent resistance isn't tough unless you're a tub of lard. Additionally, like I said, if it concerns you that much then you can just cut a day of biking out to give your legs a complete day of rest. I wrote out the weights and PT part to be able to give all muscle groups ample time to rest.

There's nothing wrong with being active every single day.

bigstew60

To be honest, I don't consider this workout "beating myself up." Biking is a very low-impact and relaxing exercise. Going 5 miles in 20-30 minutes with a decent resistance isn't tough unless you're a tub of lard. Additionally, like I said, if it concerns you that much then you can just cut a day of biking out to give your legs a complete day of rest. I wrote out the weights and PT part to be able to give all muscle groups ample time to rest.

There's nothing wrong with being active every single day.

You are right. there is nothing wrong with being active every day and if you know you are going to ocs you want to be prepared. It is going to make things a lot easier on you if you are in shape. Make sure your cardio is up to par because they put there own little spin on the pt and if you are doing the bare minimums now you are not going to pass the pfa when you get there. I was a weight lifter and pt'd regularly before going to OCS and I still dropped 20 lbs and knocked 2:00 minutes of my run time while in ocs.