• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to join CEC Reserve DCO?

D Schwan

Voluntold. I don’t have a billet yet. Which NMCB is at your NOSC? I would avoid OSU if possible.

Work for 25. Also billetless. Can you drill/hang out with the Seabees even though you’re in OSU? There are a few guys at my NOSC who do that. If you haven’t already I would suggest reaching out to 27 command. Also, contact CDR Buckley in DC. He will help. Direct message me for his contact info.

CheckCharlie

My IDTs consisted of indoc for the first DWE. The rest of the DWEs have consisted of getting off hit lists (medical, paperwork, etc.), helping the NOSC Respay office with their upcoming command assessment, and attending OSU planning meetings, and going to the gym/individual readiness.

Sounds like they definitely keep you busy. So I read your other post and I'm just curios, what makes OSU undesirable?

CheckCharlie

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just got back from ODS.

My first 5 months of drilling before attending ODS may have been unique because I was thrown into a role as a detachment officer in charge (OIC) within one of the Reserve naval mobile construction battalions (NMCB). Having had no prior military experience, this has been overwhelming and humbling to say the least, but kind of awesome. In addition to doing all the medical, dental, general military training the other people have mentioned, I have had the responsibility to make sure all the people within my detachment are getting squared away with medical, dental, and training/qualifications, all while trying to learn the system of the Navy.

Where are you on your journey? It shouldn't take that long to get into ODS. For me there was a delay because I missed the boat to get into the October session, then there was a break over the holidays, and the next class (which I got into) began the end of January 2020.

I just got board approved! Since you just finished ODS it sounds like you're roughly about a year ahead of me in the process. I'm also non-prior like you and maybe det OIC is in my future, too. I thought the drills between commissioning and going to Newport would seem like an awkward transition period, but it doesn't sound that way. You definitely shed some light on what I should expect up front.

How was ODS as a DCO now that DCOIC is gone? I bet the winter cold didn't make it any better.