• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to get my grandpa to graduation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmyson

OC Radioactive Man
I'm headed to OCS this July and have a question I thought someone might be able to help me with.

My grandfather (Korea vet) really wants to go to my OCS graduation. The problem is transportation (from Los Angeles). Commercial airlines won't let him carry his oxygen tank onboard which creates a HUGE mess trying to have oxygen for him when he lands. And he is not healthy enough to make the drive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get him from Los Angeles to Pensacola?

thumper

You might want to look into a train. I think a line may go direct from LA to Pensacola. It would be expensive and take a while, but it would be safe and easy. Also, he could have his own cabin for the duration of the trip. Some of the Amtrak cabins are almost as nice as hotel rooms.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
There are also special companies that do this sort of thing. They have the proper paperwork filled out and a medical aide fly along w/ the pt on a commercial liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.