• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How not to conduct a command investigation

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In which the TBS staff at Quantico is alleged to have totally punted one into the stands.
  • Illegal confinement: yes, Virginia, ordering someone of lesser rank to stay in a certain spot counts as confinement. Bonus stupidity points for forgetting about them overnight. Bonus EO stupidity points for only doing it to the female accused.
  • I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if your accused is willing to take a voluntary poly, and passes it, it's going to be hard to prove that they intentionally committed an offense.
  • Assigning someone's SAPR advocate as a PIO for other alleged misconduct . . . what the actual fuck? How was no one else in the command not yelling and jumping up and down about this? This is like Legal O/CMEO/SAPR VA 101 . . . you never cross those streams.
Protip: if being a PIO ends up with you getting an LOR . . . you done messed up, A-A-Ron!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if your accused is willing to take a voluntary poly, and passes it, it's going to be hard to prove that they intentionally committed an offense.

Polys are pretty much worthless in the eyes of the law and problematic as an investigatory tool.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
To help me gauge the level of malfeasance, is this like sharing the IGS test gouge or something way worse?

Aviation training is an odd duck I feel like in the sense that there’s a lot of gouge for ground school, but the briefs and flights are a crucible you can’t fake.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
To help me gauge the level of malfeasance, is this like sharing the IGS test gouge or something way worse?

Aviation training is an odd duck I feel like in the sense that there’s a lot of gouge for ground school, but the briefs and flights are a crucible you can’t fake.

This is way above screen shotting IGS gouge and passing around to all your buddies. This is like cheating on a college final exam and getting caught. Throw in some Marine culture and ethos - and now you got a full blown melodramatic Marine times scandal. Not the first time this has happened either.

Also Land nav is easy, so I don’t understand the need to cheat. I’m surprised the grids got out in the first place. They usually make you wipe your map clean before leaving the field. Unless that has changed.

P3 F0

None
I suspect that if we could peek behind the curtain of the Fat Leonard scandal investigation at NCIS, we'd see the same circus shitshow.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What exactly is "poor performance leadership performance”? Sounds made up.

' “especially do to his poor performance leadership performance,” said a letter from his previous company’s executive officer, dated August 2017. '
Someone needs to go back to college.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I suspect that if we could peek behind the curtain of the Fat Leonard scandal investigation at NCIS, we'd see the same circus shitshow.

spoiler alert......most of our admirals don't stand up to the same test they mercilessly hold us all to. Shocker. In fact, they do worse things than most of us would ever imagine doing, embarrass the entire Naval service in the process, and drive more people away from sticking around for a career. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here though........

Treetop Flyer

pilot
spoiler alert......most of our admirals don't stand up to the same test they mercilessly hold us all to. Shocker. In fact, they do worse things than most of us would ever imagine doing, embarrass the entire Naval service in the process, and drive more people away from sticking around for a career. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here though........
E9887E95-165C-493B-8AFC-E53CBC2B0C78.jpeg