• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much do past achaedemics count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attilla

I'm a senior business student majoring in finance, with a g.p.a. hovering around 3.00 but I should graduate solidly above it.
How much will my lackluster g.p.a. and non-technical degree affect my chances of getting selected for a flight program in the airforce/navy/marines?

By the way I'm 5'8" with 20/10 vision and got a 99 on the asvab.

RobNLa

attilla-

Right now the navy is extremely selective for flight slots, but contact a recruiter and tell him that you are interested. He will have you take the ATSB for either the marines or navy. If you perform solidly on the ATSB the lack of a technical degree will not matter that much; however, your gpa is not competitive enough. You will have to score pretty high on your OAR (60 or above) to have a chance.

goldwingdreams

Rob is right Atilla but definitely don't let it stop or discourage you.

I am a fellow businessman with Navy/SNFO aspirations and graduated with a B.S.B.A. in MIS from the U of AZ. I had a 3.15 GPA when I left so you're not the only one sweating the academics part.

Main things to focus on here:
1) Remain focused on your goal
2) Rock the ASTB
3) If you can afford it and have the time, get some flight hours or even a private rating. (I'm working on mine now)
4) Get in damn good shape if you aren't already.
5) Convince yourself and everyone you talk to that you are the guy for the job and are willing to do anything to get that job.

This doesn't guarantee you anything but it's a good place to start.

Best of Luck!

President Theodore Roosevelt

BYSun

"Achaedemics"...may be the least of your problems ~_^

Degree doesn't seem to matter per se (mine is Anthropology), but simple availability does. Study hard, take the ASTB, and see how you do.

Good luck.

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.