• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How Many Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_ERAU

I have a friend here who is extremely interested in the Navy BDCP. He can never seem to get a straight answer to years he will owe the Navy if given a pilot slot. He hears 6 and sometimes 10. I believe it is 10 but not sure. If someone can clear this up, that would be nice.
Thanks Guys!
Robby

jasand

Just to confirm NavyLonghorn's info I've heard the same. You owe 8 years after you get your wings.

-Jason

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, 8 years after wings. I've heard it's 7 for helos, is that right?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Helos and Multi is 7 year payback after wings, Jets is 8 years. Flight school: About 1 year for helos and props and about 2 years for jets. Flight school doesn't count toward your commitment. Amazingly, the payback for BDCP is no different than for the regular OCS candidates. Rob, if he is in PRC with you then bring him by the Career Fair on the 2nd. I'll be happy to talk to him.

Rob_ERAU

Wink,
Yeah, I told him you would be up here and that he should talk to you for more detailed info. You'll see both of us there. Sounds like your going to have yourself a crowd at the Career Fair. Looking forward to meeting with you.

Thanks for the info. guys.
Cleared somethings up.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, I have a document from CNRC (recruiting big dogs in TN) dated AUG03 that says 7 for helos and multi.

schmuckatelli

Oh, ok. Some of the people I went through flight school with said their contract was for 8 years for all platforms so I thought they had changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.