• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long is the P-3 RAG?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Can anyone give me an idea how long the P-3 rag is? How long to plane commander? How long until you get your own crew?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
UMFO is 7 weeks, once you class up.

CAT 1 is 23 weeks.

You make PPC/TC/MC based on maturity,quals, ability and/or needs of the squadron.

TC is(was) 18 months max. Typically a year. MC depends.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Sorry I should have specified for the single anchor side of the house. Would the rag be 23 weeks for us to cat 1?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Six months rag time for us Cat I single anchors. There's also currently ~2 months of pool time to tack on to that.

Can't really speak to PPC time.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
PPC takes about 18 months, but with the recent huge cut in funding it could take longer (just to get the minimum 700 required hours). Some guys in my squadron are on month 19 or 20, with all PQS and boards complete, they are just waiting on their hour requirement to take their check ride.

Southern Ag

pilot
Nominally 18 months is the timeline to PPC. For a crew, it just depends on timing. The wait to 700 hours is legit. You can get waivered to 650, but I haven't seen it happen. And the wait isn't due to budget cuts, its due to broken planes.

IRfly

None
For any interested dual-anchor types that might have happened upon this thread, TC is max 24 months from check-in, typically happens around 18. Desert deployments jack up the timelines, though, for pilots and FOs (pilots get tons of hours, but almost no PILTRAs; FOs get few, if any events completed).

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Can anyone give me an idea how long the P-3 rag is?

Not long enough. Seriously, two events a week and no responsibility except for knowing the aircraft, plus living in Jax, who would want to leave?:icon_smil

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
so if you come into the program with 250 hours under your belt does that shorten your time at all seeing as you will hit 700 faster? I am guessing that 700 is total time.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
so if you come into the program with 250 hours under your belt does that shorten your time at all seeing as you will hit 700 faster? I am guessing that 700 is total time.

Nobody cares about your civilian time in the military....unless you are talking about hours racked up in the VT's, which would be the same for all of your peers as well.

damcrac

Final Select NFO
What does RAG stand for? Probably something I will learn later, but I couldn't find a definition through search here or on google.