• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long is Rotary Wing Advanced taking these days?

s177yle

I've heard too many conflicting things down in Corpus right now on this topic. Any help from people who are at South Whiting right now would be greatly appreciated.
Also, what does the first couple weeks look like as far as scheduling? (ie how long from when you start until you strap in for the first flight)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I started advanced in Oct '09 and winged May '10. I had a delay in there due to some issues, and would have easily winged in April, but I was allowed to push it back.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Checked in early Dec 2010, current projected winging in early-mid May, including Holidays

How does that work? I checked in in Nov and they gave us a projected date of June...*sigh*

I was just talking with a winger today and he said he took 8 months.

Brunes

pilot
Checked in mid Aug, three weeks of ground stuff, between classes tests, duty, and CPTs, flying in late Sept 10' and I got wings in mid April. I think our earliest folks from my class were late Feb. But time of year plays a huge role in the weather.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Checked in mid Aug, three weeks of ground stuff, between classes tests, duty, and CPTs, flying in late Sept 10' and I got wings in mid April. I think our earliest folks from my class were late Feb. But time of year plays a huge role in the weather.

When someone asks about how long training is, people who incorporated time-travel into their training are prohibitted from replying. It's a forum rule.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
hahah, Brunes is special, you really have to have known him . . .

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Checked in to my ADV SQD in DEC 09 winged AUG 10, once I started flying it took, 6 months... a little on the slow side. Don't even ask me about the FRS... still waiting to fly.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There was a class around December that had a 20 week time to train, plus or minus a couple weeks. If you're checking in right now, you will fly as often as weather will allow you to.

(subject to change depending on which metrics CNATRA looks at this week - your mileage may vary - offer only good for helicopter advanced in certain squadrons.)

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Do not be in a rush to get out of the training command!

Concur. I know you're probably sick of getting treated like a bitch by the IP's, but after wings you're still gonna be treated like a bitch along with a real ground job and less flying.