• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long from wings to Jax?

Navyfan06

pilot
This is a question for the recently winged guys and gals. I will be getting winged next month and was wondering how long it will take people to get orders. Also how long do you usually stay in Corpus before you move to Florida?

Thanks

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Well I just had a bud get winged on the 7th and they are leaving for Jax tomorrow so it's taken him about 2 weeks to get orders and get out of here.

You in a hurry to get out of Corpus? Why would you ever want to get out of this wonderful city and all of its wonderful traffic and people and beaches and clubs and things to do...

Rg9

pilot
I was one of the March 7th guys. We didn't get our orders until the 18th. For some reason, we're not going to SERE right away, and we have to check into Jax by April 29. So, I'm getting almost 2 months with little to do (and little leave to burn).

billiken2002

pilot
I winged January 11...I received orders the day of winging to report NLT February 1. I checked out as early as I could, so I checked out of corpus on Jan 17, order stamped in Jax on Jan 20, check in Jan 22.....SERE Feb 25-Mar 8. Classed up in VP-30 on March 12.

In short, I had several weeks to get to Jax after winging but didnt class up for about 2 months after winging. That is about norm...some guys wait 3-4 weeks, some wait 2.5 months.