• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long after boards do people typically leave? Also, do they ever add boards?

Long story short my recruiter made a huge mistake with my application. I have a 6/8/6/52 on the ASTB, was told by him that I can apply to the auto-qualify boards. Turns out this is not the case as the minimum is 7/7/7. I found this out 2 weeks after the due to date for the October boards and I am trying to weigh options. First question is how long after boards do people typically leave for OCS? There is a board February 5th according to my recruiter (can anyone confirm that? A little hesitant after the mess he got me in), but the nearest OCS class starts 5 days after on the 10th. I am time sensitive because I turn 27 (no prior service) on May 21st. If I get selected that board how realistic is it that I could leave on the 10th? Especially if my recruiter notes my time situation. Also, my recruiter says he think they may add a board between the October and the February boards. Any thoughts to how possible that is? Or if adding boards is a common occurrence? Thanks guys.

Haven't you been weighing options since 9/18?

https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...se-already-scheduled-is-a-common-thing.46015/

You could have done some hard studying for the last 6 days and getting ready to try for the 7/7/7 to qualify for the autoboard. Seems like that is the obvious option.

Yes, I have been weighing options. I took the ASTB again today, that's how I went from a 6/7/6 to a 6/8/6. Now that I am down to my last exam attempt it's time to weigh other options. So, got any insights?

Meyerkord

pilot
The odds of you leaving 5 days after the board meets are pretty slim. I left about 2-3 weeks after my board met, and that was unusual to leave that fast. I guess it could still happen, and maybe your recruiter can try to get you a slot in that class somehow.

The odds of you leaving 5 days after the board meets are pretty slim. I left about 2-3 weeks after my board met, and that was unusual to leave that fast. I guess it could still happen, and maybe your recruiter can try to get you a slot in that class somehow.

I figured that is the case. I am obviously going to take one more crack at the ASTB, but if that does not give me the score I need then I will be in the same boat. My biggest question is how common is it for them to add boards. October to February seems like a long time.

Meyerkord

pilot
I figured that is the case. I am obviously going to take one more crack at the ASTB, but if that does not give me the score I need then I will be in the same boat. My biggest question is how common is it for them to add boards. October to February seems like a long time.
That's normal as of late. It's usually 4 boards per year. Last year was the same thing: Oct and Feb with nothing in between.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

I won’t say impossible, but instead “unlikely”.