• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How important is the Officer Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsquare

I am finished with my package with the exception of the Officer Interview Form. How important is that for the overall package?

I just can't seem to locate an officer in the fields I am applying to.

My GPA was about a 3.0 and my test scores were a 55

WFU2USN

unsquare,

You might be able to try a local Navy Reserve Center or if there's an NROTC unit at a local college - although your recruiter should have officers available for you to do an interview with. Where are you at?

As far as importance, yes it is important - it provides the board with a view of you from the perspective of a current serviceman/woman. The stronger their recommendation, the better your chances.

Well, I hope that helps!
Good luck!

Robin

unsquare

I'm in Richmond, VA

My recruiter told me that the officers they had been using are sort of "all used up".

WFU2USN

unsquare,

I know there's a Navy-Marine Corps Reserve Center there and an NROTC unit at VCU.

Perhaps they can help!

Good luck!

Robin

JayManC

unsquare, I too am going through NRD Richmond? Just curious I've been dealing with one guy (I won't name names) that has yet to impress me. It got bad enough where one of my LOR sponsors had to call up to straighten things out. Regardless I'm dealing with Lt West now. I'm in Virginia Beach and needless to say there's a plethora of O's here I'm sure if one of the guys at NRD won't do it you could get someone from ODU to. Or they could put you in touch with someone who will. It's a standard form and they can put commentary expanding on the topics in question. Nothing too over the top. I had an O-6 (former Hornet driver) do mine, and we shot the s**t for about 20 minutes before he wrote me up what I felt to be a pretty good interview. It was pretty easy going.

<insert something witty here:>

geerst

Unsquare,

The officer interview sheet is important. The selection board knows you only by the papers in front of them. Having an objective write-up from a fellow officer in the same community (pilot, supply, etc) presents another facet of you as a person, in addition to your motivation statement and your recruiter's statement.

If you are applying for one of the smaller communities, such as AMDO or Crypto, I am quite sure the officers on your selection board will know well the officer whose name is at the bottom of the interview sheet.

Your recruiter should be setting up the interview. Since aviation is somewhat full, maybe your recruiter is not placing an emphasis on working your kit right now. Go to your recruiting office and ask to speak with the OPO (LT West). He is a good guy. He'll take care of you. Setting up an interview is a phone call away. Not a lot of energy is required to effect that!

Take care,
OPO

patbrown08

Square,
If you are in Richmond, than you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to interview you if you are willing to go the extra mile, or 60 miles more exactly. I had a friend of mine just drive out to NAS Brunswick one day while we were working on our packages and go to the squadron and solicit interviews. That was over a 2 hour drive for him. You should try getting in touch with someone down there. Just another idea anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.