• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does this Medical History thing work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gateway

How can the Navy check your medical history for pilot candidates?

Do they check with your insurance companies? Or do they have a national system of health records?

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Last time I checked, health records are private. Unless you consent to disclose your records, no one should be able to access them.

Now that that is said, what are you worried about? The Navy will do a precommisioning physical and a flight physical before you start API.

ghost_ttu

However, in addition to what Matt said, and not that I'm condoning "bucking the system" you only have to provide your current doctor. And most of us have had multiple doctors, and my current doctor I have not even met. So obviously that doctor is not going to have any records on me. But the Navy only requires your current doctor.

vballindaytona

actually i read this form really thoroughly, and the paper you sign w/ the application is a release of "mental health" records. i never saw anything about regular health records. I just got back from a dependant tour overseas so i told them that I still have my records in hand, the official ones from birth, and recruiter said that I won't need them.

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.