• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how do you avoid injuries at ocs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsin

I read on other posts that people start getting stress fractures and broken legs after the 7th week of OCC. What causes this? Is it continual running and humping? How do you avoid it? How can you tell if you're an overpronator? I guess resting your legs during liberty isn't enough for some candidates. How many days is liberty at ocs anyway? Weekends?

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

jwnole

Never have I injured myself while humping.
Wait, do you mean humping or humping.
I'll assume it was humping.
Don't worry man, either you can or you cant. Either way you wont know until you try. Be prepared and don't quit.
Good Luck
Semper Fidelis
-Josh

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Get used to strenuous exercise now, PT a lot, and your body will strengthen. The harder you PT now, the easier it will be on your body at OCS. If you start hurting now, take a short break, let your body heal, and start again. The rest is up to God!

AllenAzali

David,
The public library has a great book called Marine Corps Workout. It shows in detail alot of the obstacle courses candidates encounter at OCS. I was also able to check them out first hand from past OCS galleries. The book also lists a lot of great stretches both with and without a rifle.

As for run mechanics, check the bottom of your shoes and search for the pattern of wear. This link might help. If not, it's the New Balance Shoes site, under tech center, and pronation section. Some shoes are designed to accomodate underpronation. I don't think I have seen any to accomodate overpronation.

http://www.newbalance.com/techcenter/yf_in_motion.html

BTW. That link in your profile scared the **** out of me!
sick_125.gif

Signed, Matt

davidsin

Thanks for the advice JBoomer. Oh and that's an awsome site about pronation Allen.

And humping is military speak for hiking Josh.

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Moleskin will save your feet, and in turn save your ass.
Don't worry about bringing any down with you though, your platoon corpsman will have some to use every day.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
oh yeah, and about liberty...
At OCS, it lasts usually around 24 hours even... The last libo right before graduation (only for the 10 weekers and maybe PLC Seniors) is 48 hours- good friggin time!
PLC Juniors get all 24 hour libo.

jwnole

And humping is military speak for hiking Josh.
For the record, I am no idiot. I know exactly what humping is. I was meerly making a feeble attempt at o'dark thirty humor after a few beers with some buds. No offense.
sf

farkle84

taxman, you are not suppose to tell them they get 48 hours. its suppose to be a suprise. jk. you get commissioned soon dont you. i have about 3 1/2 months left. cant wait. do you know your TBS date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.