• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do my credential stack up?

exNavyOffRec

I was under the impression that the removal of a testicle is only PDQ if it was congenital or undescended - neither of which are the case. And there are time limits on cancer as well, however I've heard everywhere from two to five years.

Those are 2 examples, what it does is allow N3M the chance to either PDQ or waiver, several issues are like that, but the current doc at N3M has the attitude on anything other than minor that there are so many applicants why waiver.

Your OR should be sending you to MEPS and getting the documents, in this situation there will be consults and if he waits until you are pro rec'd it could take quite a bit of time.

exNavyOffRec

He told me he emailed MEPS earlier today. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.

I take it he sent all the documents in? If so most likely MEPS will say PDQ - not justified, then that sheet and all the documents will go to N3M, they will either come back with "further information needed", "continue processing", or "PDQ". If it comes back "continue processing" that doesn't mean a waiver will be granted, that means they want to see a full physical and probably the results of a consult before making a final decision.

andrew rauth

Hey guys, just wanted to update this again. Apparently, MEPS said that my previous medical condition was not automatically disqualifying, but I should wait longer so that I am "cancer free" for five years. My recruiter suggested that we send in my application to a March board (as opposed to a January board). Thanks again for everyone's input.

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, just wanted to update this again. Apparently, MEPS said that my previous medical condition was not automatically disqualifying, but I should wait longer so that I am "cancer free" for five years. My recruiter suggested that we send in my application to a March board (as opposed to a January board). Thanks again for everyone's input.

Be aware MEPS does not say yes or no for Naval Officers, N3M does, I have had guys PDQ at MEPS they leave with a physical saying "not qualified for service" and given the thumbs up from N3M, more often I have had MEPS say "qualified for service" and N3M say "no", when MEPS says yes or no they are referring to yes or no for enlisting not commissioning.

There is no more January board it was cancelled/pushed, all other boards are listed as "TBD" so you have plenty of time to get everything figured out.