• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How are my chances?

FUPaladin

couldabeen
I just found these forums today, and since there seem to be plenty of knowledgeable people here, I'm curious to hear opinions on my chances of getting accepted into Intel. I took the ASTB yesterday and did very well: 8/7/8 68. I am a history major at Furman University, but my GPA is only a 3.17. I'm sure that Furman is more difficult than many schools, but obviously my GPA is the biggest factor working against me. Is my high OAR enough to give me a decent chance of getting in?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just found these forums today, and since there seem to be plenty of knowledgeable people here, I'm curious to hear opinions on my chances of getting accepted into Intel. I took the ASTB yesterday and did very well: 8/7/8 68. I am a history major at Furman University, but my GPA is only a 3.17. I'm sure that Furman is more difficult than many schools, but obviously my GPA is the biggest factor working against me. Is my high OAR enough to give me a decent chance of getting in?

Your stats look good, and your GPA probably isn't as bad as you might think, especially if it's in one of the hard sciences or engineering. Probably the biggest thing left that you can have a direct impact on is getting some letters of recommendation for your package - the more senior the officer the better.

BTW, props for the Engrish in your avatar - I never get tired of good Engrish. There's a recycling bin next to a soda machine at the air terminal at Iwo Jima with a sign that says, "Be discrete in the garbage." :D

Brett

FUPaladin

couldabeen
BTW, props for the Engrish in your avatar - I never get tired of good Engrish. There's a recycling bin next to a soda machine at the air terminal at Iwo Jima with a sign that says, "Be discrete in the garbage." :D

I just spent fall term on foreign study in China, so I have a whole album of signs like this one. Some of my favorites:

Ancient Thing Store -Lhasa, Tibet
Grass is Resting, Do Not Disturb!
Honored Guests' and Local People's Vehicle Entry (Having Effective Certificate, Otherwise Punish)