• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing near MCAS Miramar

hendogg311

Just selected Hornets Miramar. Will be out there in about two months, any suggestions on good places to live. Heard Del Mar and La Jolla are nice. I know there are some people from the west coast on here so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Del Mar and La Jolla are also some of the most expensive places to live in California. There are some really nice beach/apartments in Pacific Beach so check there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Del Mar and La Jolla are also some of the most expensive places to live in California. There are some really nice beach/apartments in Pacific Beach so check there.

Living at the beaches can also bring with it the problem of crime, generally unkempt neighborhoods and crowds of people competing for limited parking. Let me know what you're thinking as far a requirements (by PM is necessary) and I'll give you the skinny. Bottom line, buying a house is probably out of the question. Even if you had the cash, the market is in decline right now, so probably a bad idea either way. You can expect to pay between 1700-2000 for an above average 2BR apartment, but keep in mind that your BAH is going to go up substantially. I live in Mission Valley which is nice and centrally located. I'd also check out www.apartments.com to get an idea of what's out there. Hit me back for more details.

Brett

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Congrats on 101. This is the best squadron people-wise that I have been in during my short time in the USN. It's a good deal. Some of the jets are old, and you Marines have interesting rules at running bases, but people are what make the squadron.

www.sdreader.com
Craig's list

Have a 101 buddy looking for a roommate for a 2BR located at Mission and Law St. in PB. I'm also available via PM if you have questions, as well as when you get here to check-in.