• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

House Hunting Leave During OHARP

MM3Oyler

ENS O
Is it possible to get House Hunting leave while on OHARP since I'm in my final duty station destination? I already got approved for the PCS from Hawaii to San Diego but they are saying I can't take House Hunting Leave until I get to my next duty station, in 90 days!?!?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is it possible to get House Hunting leave while on OHARP since I'm in my final duty station destination? I already got approved for the PCS from Hawaii to San Diego but they are saying I can't take House Hunting Leave until I get to my next duty station, in 90 days!?!?

Last I checked SWOs still aren’t getting OHARP, unless that’s recently changed...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Ok, from a practical perspective why does it matter? Unless you have the worst chain of command ever you should be out of work by 1200 the latest on most days. I'm pretty sure if you just didn't show up for work no one would notice or they'll just assume you had an appointment or something. At worst just a 'tomorrow I'm leaving at xxxx to meet a realtor.' Plenty of time to look for a new crib.

Meyerkord

pilot
Depends on your OHARP unit. My friend was able to fly down to Pensacola and look for houses without even taking leave because they didn't have him doing much. Just ask your recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

Ok, from a practical perspective why does it matter? Unless you have the worst chain of command ever you should be out of work by 1200 the latest on most days. I'm pretty sure if you just didn't show up for work no one would notice or they'll just assume you had an appointment or something. At worst just a 'tomorrow I'm leaving at xxxx to meet a realtor.' Plenty of time to look for a new crib.

The OHARP guys we had would work normal work hours unless they requested a day off, they almost always would get it approved.