• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

(Hopefully not) just under the wire.

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Haven't posted for quite some time, but figured you crazies would appreciate my latest acquisition.

Picked up a "Loaded" Springfield M1A today. More than I would have wanted to spend 6 months ago, however still within the manufacturer's suggested MSRP, which in today's current political climate I will gladly take, especially with the legislation being introduced tomorrow.

Hopefully (if the House protects us) there was no reason to stress, but I feel much better getting the "dream rifle" check in the block before SHTF more than it already has with all the panic buying going on.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know, will post pics when I get a chance!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
To get the "full effect" now you'll want to chase down and buy enough USGI mags and milsurp ammo to last for the next 20-30 years or so. :D

Renegade One

None
Still the best rifle to take to the "PACFLT" or "All Navy Matches" held annually. Those were the best "school houses" for long-range rifle shooting I ever attended. Plan accordingly...

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Somewhat anticlimactic with some shitty iPhone pics, but best I can do at the moment.

Not going Feinstein-crazy and stocking up on every 20 round mag in sight, but will probably secure a decent amount of ammo in the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get this sucker to the range; if you ask me it doesn't get better than pulling this puppy out and rocking the iron sights!

Springfield 4th Gen Scope Mount accompanying it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Somewhat anticlimactic with some shitty iPhone pics, but best I can do at the moment.

Not going Feinstein-crazy and stocking up on every 20 round mag in sight, but will probably secure a decent amount of ammo in the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get this sucker to the range; if you ask me it doesn't get better than pulling this puppy out and rocking the iron sights!

Springfield 4th Gen Scope Mount accompanying it.

Good luck at that.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I went to Sportmans on Saturday; lines were three deep at the gun counter. One lady changed her mind on which Ruger to buy because the one on the shelf had a prettier (stainless) barrel. :)

They limited powder purchases to two containers...dunno about primers. Very, very little stuff related to .223 ammo..brass, primers, powder, bullets all in short supply. I almost bought another 3K in LRM primers, but decided against it. Might check back in tomorrow as I had a bit of (non) buyers remorse. Not much in the way of other brass either, although I did manage to pic up a couple bags of .500 brass and a box of .450 brass. Almost bought the last 200 of their .22/250 brass...but, I don't have a .22/250.

As a bit of surprise, I did some cleaning up of the man cabin and found several K worth of new brass/bullets I had forgotten about.