• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HHG Extension Letter

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does anyone have a template or copy of a HHG extension letter for retirees? I need to submit one soon and I've been too busy to go over to the office on base to see what verbiage they want.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Does anyone have a template or copy of a HHG extension letter for retirees? I need to submit one soon and I've been too busy to go over to the office on base to see what verbiage they want.

Just did it. PM me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Got the PM. Any idea if the reason for extension has to be as reasonable as yours? Or can it just be "while determining future employment opportunities" or whatever?

Thanks for sending that.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Got the PM. Any idea if the reason for extension has to be as reasonable as yours? Or can it just be "while determining future employment opportunities" or whatever?

Thanks for sending that.
I was told by the clerk at PSD JBAB that you can request extensions up to 5 years following retirement. I’d reach out to the LT and ask.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FYI. Jax sucked and bitched about mine since I used continuing training. YMMV

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So Rob's submission appears to be an email to PERS direct, vice Jax local. It looks like that's "the" way to go since it's going to the mothership. John, I'm assuming you did yours direct to Jax?

The good news is that FFS said this was easy. So I've got that going for me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Following up on this...

Going through PERS is the way to do it. Reading the instruction helped, as it spells out specific allowable reasons. I had nothing to lose so submitted mine with a reason that was true, but I wasn't sure it would fly. Turns out it did. Turnaround was a couple of weeks, but it came through. Don't count on the person responding always being the same person.

This may come as a shock to some, but the TAP description of this process was severely lacking and it's not as easy as they said it would be because of needing the set types of justification. But the process did work.