• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help

nO7

Hi everybody well I have big problem, I went to MEPS and I failed both color vision test yea thats including the FALANT test. However this is not new to me since I know that I can't pass the shahira plate book test. I have a waiver from the FAA for my color vision problem. What are my options. Do I really need to pass the FALANT test from MEPS, or a letter from my doctor saying that I have pass the falant test before and my a copy of my FAA waiver attached would that grant me the green light. And also do I have to repeat the same process at OCS and NAMI?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
You Doctor's letter and waiver from the FAA won't do anything for you. You have to pass those tests. I can't remember if you get a flight physical again at OCS but you will get one every year during your birth month.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yes FALANT or Ishihara must be passed to be PQ for pilot in the NAVY. FAA has their own waiver. In all honesty, if you're well rested and well hydrated and the test is conducted properly....and you fail the FALANT, you REALLY probably are color-blind. It can't get much simpler than seeing red, green or white dots (unless of course you're partially or completely colorblind).

You will repeat this at OCS, NAMI and every year when you have a flight physical.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hi everybody well I have big problem, I went to MEPS and I failed both color vision test yea thats including the FALANT test. However this is not new to me since I know that I can't pass the shahira plate book test. I have a waiver from the FAA for my color vision problem. What are my options. Do I really need to pass the FALANT test from MEPS, or a letter from my doctor saying that I have pass the falant test before and my a copy of my FAA waiver attached would that grant me the green light. And also do I have to repeat the same process at OCS and NAMI?

Sorry to say, but you are SOL if you can't pass the test. The military doesn't care about what the FAA thinks.