• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with package

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcccc11

I've been in the Navy for almost 5 years. I'm an SK3(AW) and I'm applying for the STA-21, pilot option. I put my package in last year, and I wasn't selected because of my low scores on my ASTB and my ACT. I know I have to study harder for my ACT but how can I study for the ASTB? My second question is: I really want to become a Pilot, so that was my first choice and CORE second choice, but is it true that if I don't get picked up for Pilot I might get picked up for CORE? Or not ? I really want to be selected and I'm trying to build a stronger package this year. I wrote a new personal letter but I would like someone that has been through this process to read it. I'm just getting all frustrated because I really don't know what they want. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

twidget

Deskaholic
Hey SK3, I'd be glad to help you anyway I can. PM or email me your statement and I'll give you my opinion...for what it's worth.

Check out the ASTB forum for info on how to study. There are several study guides you can download and study. There are two ARCO study guide can be downloaded for free from Peterson's website.

I posted a thread for enlisted commissioning program application tips. Though it's geared toward OCS, you may find something to help you there.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Twidget

tcccc11

Thank you so much for your response. I would really appreciate your opinion concerning my letter.

I didn't even know that they were study guides for ASTB. My command doesn't even have a real career counselor, it's a collateral duty for a AE.

I will definetly check the enlisted commissioning program application tips, and dowload the ARCO study guide.

Thank you for everything

tcccc11

Status
Not open for further replies.