• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help!!! need to decided whether or not to retake the astb again

Wahine

Currently, I'm a junior in college and also a midshipmen in the NROTC majoring in Engineering. When I took the astb the second time I got a 6 5 5, so I'm not too sure whether or not to take it again. I know its passing, but my gpa is at a 2.6 due to some family and money issues over the last couple of years.

I would like to know whether or not I should retake it again or chance it? Im worried that I wont get NFO and that has been my dream job.

Mahalo

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
With a 2.6 GPA, you should probably shoot for a higher scores. NROTC may be a little different but with those two pieces of information, you're not really competitive.

Id retake it, don't be scared. It's quite similar between versions. Just go study for it like you haven't taken it Again and you'll likely do better. .02

Wahine

With a 2.6 GPA, you should probably shoot for a higher scores. NROTC may be a little different but with those two pieces of information, you're not really competitive.

I took it again and got a 6/8/7 53 would that better my chances?

wannabeNFO

Yes, it did actually, but my grades helped as well. Even though I didn't go on an aviation cruise I made sure my grades and ASTB scores were within a competitive range.
Awesome, congrats! I'm a rising senior in NROTC currently on an aviation cruise and have a 2.9 GPA (math major) with a 7/6/7 54 ASTB scores. A little worried my GPA is too low

Wahine

Hm truthfully when I graduated school I was at a 2.58, but with an engineering degree. To what our CO told us this year they are focusing on GPA more. Your NFO score is competitive if that's what your going for. Just keep your head up.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Way back when I started all you needed was a 2.0 gpa, 20/20 steely-eyed vision, a lantern jaw and a crew cut. Blonde guys got all the jet slots.