• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo wait

Pags

N/A
pilot
Wait - did you say IP's were doing 4 X's per day?

sweet jesus. that's a lot of time to spend hunched over the pipes of a 57.

and the one big change from primary to advanced was that you actually flew almost every day of the week, 5 if not 6, days. i think i was cancelled maybe 3 times in all of advanced.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Did they extend the field hours on Friday night like they were talking about? When I left they were planning on doing it, just wondering if it happened.

I flew many Sundays in HTs, almost got to be a common occurance.

wrk

You did more than just happen to drive by right? How about the fact that Santa Rosa was just about maxed out all morning...or maybe that for the first time since the long wait for B's the crew change was full and there was an extended wait for fuel?

Corpus has a slower pipeline for primary than North Field so I know they weren't flying everyday like you talk about. Because of the syllabus students on early flights can ONLY be flown single events per day...BUT we also had instructors scheduled for 4 events today (another first since the big wait).

Besides...part of the "flying like crazy" is the transition to a 6 day work week...which is what 18 did for several months this time last year and there are rumors that we should expect it again this year...

I was around there at about 9 am and I saw maybe one 57 turning, looked like a pretty full line too. I went to primary at whiting and remember days where the sky was clouded with 57s above south field, just seemed like a quiet day today.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I was around there at about 9 am and I saw maybe one 57 turning, looked like a pretty full line too. I went to primary at whiting and remember days where the sky was clouded with 57s above south field, just seemed like a quiet day today.

Alright all...I'm writing the sked tomorrow in OPs...No 4Xs...yeah maybe 3Xs and an IP obs hop or the like but not actually 4x2hr flights...Jeez...rumor mill much.

For my 2 transfams at Santa Rosa today, yes, the pattern was maxed...with 2 overtorques sitting on deck, making the total aircraft 13 (5 normal pattern, 2 low work, 4 autos).

As for a full day, the schedule makes it a full day. If every stud is scheduled for at least 1X, that's maxing out the schedule, which we are.

As for HT-8's wait...it's about a month from your first CPT to your first FAM. This will start to end in the next month, however, with time going down from 1 month to 1 week by the end of the first quarter.

ChuckMK makes a very good point...greatest way to really shoot yourself is 1) not to have a class done and 2) not to know the aircraft.

Stop in and say hey...I'm in OPS tomorrow.

~Dan

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot

There was a slight fog delay yesterday morning and there is a limit on the number of launches that can be done within each hour due to the contract with the maint. guys. You may have just caught it at a slow moment... I assure you, at about 9am the student ready room was already full with people waiting for 2nd and 3rd goes.

Alright all...I'm writing the sked tomorrow in OPs...No 4Xs...yeah maybe 3Xs and an IP obs hop or the like but not actually 4x2hr flights...Jeez...rumor mill much.

Not my intent to spread rumors so thanks for the clarification on the types of flights they were running with the 4x's. Probably should have looked into further before commenting.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Chunks, my fam partner and I would like to thank you and the rest of skeds for all the 0530 cpt's this week.

file this under things never to say to an IP, online or otherwise. Also dont piss off the skeds guys.

some free advice for what it's worth.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Hey Chunks, my fam partner and I would like to thank you and the rest of skeds for all the 0530 cpt's this week.

Ok, thats a 2 for headwork right there, if you were going to say something like that then you should at least try to make it so that it would be harder to find out who you are...took me about 5 minutes and I am about 95% sure I know who you are...good call on that...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by trvsmrtn

Ok, thats a 2 for headwork right there, if you were going to say something like that then you should at least try to make it so that it would be harder to find out who you are...took me about 5 minutes and I am about 95% sure I know who you are...good call on that...

Yeah man...at least put a little winky guy (;) ) in so you have plausible deniability...:D

trvsmrtn

pilot
I deleted the post and put the reason as lack of winky guy but it didn't show up ;). Oh well, I'll make sure I add more winky guys ;) in the future ;) so that you guys don't take this stuff so serious ;). Why don't you guys all take yourselves a three day weekend. I think you all need it ;).

I have a 0810 CPT tomorrow, woohoo, thanks skeds guys. Anyone up for a game of golf in the morning?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I deleted the post and put the reason as lack of winky guy but it didn't show up ;). Oh well, I'll make sure I add more winky guys ;) in the future ;) so that you guys don't take this stuff so serious ;). Why don't you guys all take yourselves a three day weekend. I think you all need it ;).

I have a 0810 CPT tomorrow, woohoo, thanks skeds guys. Anyone up for a game of golf in the morning?

good luck on the CPT...and the game of golf...hell with the 3 day weekend, try 4...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
[quote="THAT Guy's" profile...]Prior enlisted PN1.[/quote]

He's not used to being pissed off... You NEVER Fvck with PNs, YNs or MSs. Or IPs I guess...See you in the brief sucker...better not have those dolphins on your name patch...

~D

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This could get ugly!

I'm so glad there was no "internet" or "forums" when I was an IP!

cc:mail and one computer n the flight leaders office, STAN and the ready room...

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
I might pick on the flight leader/sked writer now that I've got wings on my chest... but never while I was in training. And if I did pick a joke, it was usually because they started it!