• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo loses tailwheel at Wall Street helo pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

exNavyOffRec

Well, we are shut down. Let's all go to work without pay now. :mad:

I'm drafting my letter this weekend. Two, actually. One for me, and one for real. I've had enough, and the shit is getting worse.

I saw several shutdowns over my 20 plus years on active duty, and they were nothing compared to other irritating stuff like running out of various food items, repair parts, computer failures, etc......

The one thing that is different is that no one protested in the streets when the shutdowns occurred under other presidents, like Clinton or Obama......

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Sure, it could happen to anyone, but it is not very likely to happen to most of us that follow good CRM.

I agree with you in principle, however, if you climb into the cockpit assuming that your superior CRM skills are going to protect you from the unexpected...that makes me want to avoid seeing our names on the flight sked together. We should always be alert to the possibility of fuckup, either self-induced or by another member of the crew. I am just as fallible as the PQM and the CO. Perhaps it's just a phrasing thing and we're speaking around the same idea.

Based on Google Earth scale the pier where those spots are is approximately 100 feet wide. No way this happens if you taxi down the center between the spots on either side. He could have spun around in a complete pivot from the center line of the pier, no problem.

REDACTED

anGkEdR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I agree with you in principle, however, if you climb into the cockpit assuming that your superior CRM skills are going to protect you from the unexpected...that makes me want to avoid seeing our names on the flight sked together. We should always be alert to the possibility of fuckup, either self-induced or by another member of the crew. I am just as fallible as the PQM and the CO. Perhaps it's just a phrasing thing and we're speaking around the same idea.
I think we are in agreement, however I vehemently disagree that this is an "Oh, well. Shit happens" event. Yes, we are all fallible.

I'm sorry you would want to avoid being on the flight schedule with me. I'm pretty sure you would learn something. Also, if I was such a danger, don't you think it would be an opportunity to teach me something? Maybe I am assuming you are an instructor when that isn't the case?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
We're probably starting to get into the realm of supposition here (and perhaps in earlier posts as well). Since it's clear this is a mishap, let's not get too into the weeds of breaking down what happened and what should have happened.

Whew! We almost had a full blown case of speculation there. I’m glad that catastrophe was averted. Otherwise people might hear expert opinions that he knocked his tail wheel off trying to turn around on a pad.
Can't have that happen! The media I'm sure is chomping at the bits to quote an unnamed source on an internet blog, it'll help their credibility for sure!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's a standard. If you enjoy the Navy Times applying your opinions to events, regardless of accuracy, then by all means post. But that's not what we've done, historically.

And yes, the media does quote the website. But I appreciate everyone's willingness to hang one of our own out to dry because we "all know better." Godspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.