• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hashes on a SID

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can anyone tell me what the hashes around the border mean on a SID? They're the same ones found on a high instrument approach. Anyone?

Python

pilot
Contributor
I think I’ve only seen them on high plates...off the top of my head. Not sure if they denote high plates or if there’s a deeper meaning.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good guess, but nope. The only indicator of TCN would be if the Julian date on the procedure matched a TCN cycle.

It appears that the diagonal black lines designate those procedures specifically authorized (and restricted to) military aircraft. (source)

Nope, that’s not it. In the US you’ll only find them at military airfields. But also take a look also at ENAME volume 7. Three airports in Turkey (Annan Menderes, Antayla, and Dalaman) have them. (I don’t have any other volumes lying around here, but there’s definitely a lot more)

Any other guesses? I’ll give the answer shortly, but don’t expect it to make sense.

I think I’ve only seen them on high plates...off the top of my head. Not sure if they denote high plates or if there’s a deeper meaning.

This is the closest to the right answer.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
TB AVN 1-2130SP...but it's an Army pub dated 2001.
View attachment 24931
giphy.gif

Dang a second time! An Army helo driver (but naval aviator for life) gets the more right answer. :D :p