• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Birthday A4

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Noticed on the bottom of the website, and on your profile:

Birthday:
February 18, 1905
Glad to see you made the ripe old age of 100 today! Many congrats.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually laughed out loud. Nice.

Now we await A4's reponse, in bold text, with accompanying pics, hopefully of him test flying Icarus's wings...

juuuuuuusssst kiddin!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Zab, good to see you posting again.... where you been? I hope sultry latin women were involved.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Hey Zab, good to see you posting again.... where you been? I hope sultry latin women were involved.
Try Canadian tourists, you would be closer to the mark, lol.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BAH DUM BUM....our Webmaster ladies and germs...he'll be here FOREVER...tip your waitress

(I was on leave in A4's 'other' homeport of Oahu...Webmaster is pretty close to the mark)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mmm Oahu. Can't wait for next Christmas to fly out there again.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hear tell A4 has a Benz sitting in a driveway, unused out there, he should do an ebay style auction for use when he isn't there. Or maybe time-share it...

On second thought, limos are 150 bucks for all night use out there...might be smarter

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just pass out drunk at my step-bro's condo in Waikiki. Easier that way.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Funny how he celebrated his 100th on Feb 15th, as well...
birthday-cake-candle.jpg
clapping.jpg
A-Party_Streamers.jpg

I celebrate my birthday everyday --- think about it. If that won't do it --- try this: a petulant rookie who dared speak to me a few years back asked : ... "What do you think this is, OLD MAN --- your birthday"??? I thought about it for .25 micro-seconds, and answered: "Why yes, I believe it is ... !!" :icon_birt Actually, the anniversary on my driver's license lists Feb 14, Valentine's Day for you of a more sensitive inclination --- :love_125: Love Day, if you will ... and I love all of you.

BUT : As I matured and gained confidence over the years, I realized that a festival of , say --- a week's duration, or a fortnight, or a month, perhaps, is more fitting and appropriate than a mere day's observance. A Day? So pedestrian ... so common.

There you go --- the whole, ugly, unvarnished story. I hope no one takes offense 'cause it won't help you out of your dreary workaday world. But the good news is -- no gifts are required ... I am glad you guys thought enough to inquire.

Now we await A4's reponse, in bold text, with accompanying pics, hopefully of him test flying Icarus's wings...
mythology.jpg
nawings.jpg

Icarus? Naaaa .... Icarus was a punk. I identify more with Daedalus -- he was a good stick and a survivor ... and that's a good thing. :captain_1

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
BUT : As I matured and gained confidence over the years, I realized that a festival of , say --- a week's duration, or a fortnight, or a month, perhaps, is more fitting and appropriate than a mere day's observance. A Day? So pedestrian ... so common.

A week of fasting, self-flaggelation, and arena football.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
A week of fasting, self-flaggelation, and arena football.

That may have been true in the past, but as one matures ... one must rearrange one's priorities.
Therefore, I have left in the flaggelation, added chips and dip, and bought a video game.

superbowl_lays_150.jpg

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
In honor of your centennial, A4...the board chipped in and bought you suitable means of transportation for someone of your advanced years. Oh, and we figured we'd "Pimp Your Ride" to reflect your heritage as a Naval Aviator...

a4copy.jpg

BTW, does this mean you won't be needing that Benz?

Status
Not open for further replies.