• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hangar 24 Lake Havasu AirFest - 4 Nov 17

HuggyU2

None
Yes... Hangar 24 has decided to crank up an airshow at a second location: Lake Havasu City Airport, AZ (KHII). Saturday, 4 November 2017. Barely 60 days away. And, yes, it's Navy/Marine/USCG-approved: the DDF 2535 paperwork is done.

8001' x 100', non-towered, FBO has military/gov't contract fuel.

Static displays:
On the fixed wing side, they could really use a T-45, T-6, Harrier, or any flavor of Hornet. Rotary-wing assets are looking good, but if interested, you should get on the list. You know how aircraft can drop out.

Fly in Friday anytime, or fly in Saturday morning. The show is 1230-1630, and then a concert on the ramp... right next to the brewery.

Flyovers:
Are you on a cross-country and want to hit the show for a flyover? Let them know: they will find a way to say "thank you" if you can support.

Send me a p.m. and I'll get you in touch with them.

HuggyU2

None
This show is shaping up nicely. Hangar 24 opened their second location this year at Havasu Airport, so the brewery is literally a couple hundred yards from the public area.
World class performers: Kent Pietsch, Vicky Benzing, Jon Melby, Smoke 'n' Thunder Jet Car, and looking like some very rare warbirds will show. When was the last time you saw a P-63 actually fly to a show? There are only four left flying in the world.

T-6 & T-45 drivers: bring your students. You can get some X's and still arrive Saturday morning. Bring a travel pod, and they will fill your empty space with beer to bring home.

HuggyU2

None
Where's the Navy presence??

Havasu in November... sponsored by a brewery?... and only one volunteer? WTF??
Are you staying home to plan the squadron Christmas party??

HuggyU2

None
Thanks to the Marines from Miramar and Yuma for coming to the show. And to the guys from Lemoore. The folks in Havasu were ecstatic to have y'all there.
I'll leave the stories to the others... if they want to tell them.
In any case, hope to see y'all at the next Hangar 24 event.