• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GURANTEED TO PASS THE ASTB!!! (If you try)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay, over and over people are asking about how to pass the ASTB. First, some background. I am a 21 year old BDCP applicant that took the ASTB for the second time today and passed with flying colors. My recruiter said that my scores were very competitive, now the thing is, I didn't score high enough on the test the first time for an SNA slot. Anyway, I surfed around and with the help of many people on this board I devised an ultimate set of tools with which to study. If you spend a mere 1 hour a day on this stuff for a minimum of 30 days you will be FINE for the test.

1) The marine corps ASTB prep. exam (located on the web, search around here for the web address).

2) Arco's Guide to Military Flight Apptitude Gests

3) Mechanical and Spatial Relations Test (also by Arco)

4) How to Solve Word Problems in Algebra (by Mildred Johnson and Tim Johnson)

Using these tools there is no reason why you cannot pass the exam. I figured this website has helped me so much so far through my application process that I would give a little back. Now, all I have left is the PFT and my application packet is complete. Goodluck!

uncledave

Thanks E6286,
Its really cool of you to think about others in your quest to be an aviator in the US Navy. I have already gotten the ARCO military flight aptitude test book(got it today in the mail from amazon), and hearing that you did well with this book and a few other study guides will make us(prospective sna's) be a little more prepared for what is ahead of us. I really do appreciate it. Good luck with the BDCP!

marcb747

I definitely agree.
These were the same exact resources I used during my review and passed the ASTB with flying colors. I'm scheduled for OCS on 12/7/02. The key is practice.

Dave Shutter

I highly reccomend the Algebra word problem book (I used an Arco version, really great) for those non-math types out there.

corsair17

when i studied for the flight apt. test, i used arco's guide for flight, but also the study guide for regular officer hopefulls. This being that theres a ton of extra math problems, and mechanical problems that will more than likely show up on the flight test. Also, dont just rely on the practice tests, go back and review the basics of geometry and trig. I found that some of the formulas needed on the test werent covered in ARCO's, but were still pretty basic. Remember that you WILL NOT have time to try and remember these formulas while taking the test, so study up.

FlyFast

ED, you mentioned an ASTB site somewhere around the site. I'm still looking if you know where to find again please let me know, thanks patrick

JTP

Did you really have to study for the ASTB?? Man, I feel really smart all the sudden!

Only Kidding!

YEAH COME ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.