• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
OR is by far the best of the three - especially when you factor in the awesomeness that is Ashland.

I am jealous to hear that you are heading up to Whidbey, I saw my snowboard on the wall of my garage the other day and got all choked up...

Agreed on both counts.....my board is rotting away in the attic of my folks house back home sadly. I won't know for a couple more months if I get Whidbey, but that is what I am shooting for anyway.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I am working at legal right now and talk to NCIS all the time. I asked one of the special agents if he liked the show, and he said it helps them sometimes. They will get a guy in the interview room and tell him: "You've seen the show right? You might as well confess now, it's only going to help you, since the lab is hard at work processing all that evidence right now."

(I have seen them do some pretty cool forensic stuff though, so it's not ALL BS)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I am "the man" so that's right out :) What they all said. Expensive and ineffective at doing anything to curb crime. It would simply be another tax and in this case would be found an onerous one to a person executing their rights. Maryland had a requirement that every handgun had to have a bullet fired through it and sent to the state forensics lab to do that wonderful bullet matching we see on TV so the criminals would be caught. They spent several million dollars on it over about six years and it contributed to solving one crime and that was only secondary evidence. They finally, in a rare bit of common sense, disbanded it.

What could they have done with several million dollars over a few years that would have made a difference in crime? A bunch of things IMO that does not involve people legally buying guns.

Well, those explanations all make sense to me. I'm now officially against serialized ammo. :D

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is what went down, in one man's estimation ...

While the local 'campus security detail' announced that there were about 200 people there for the public session ... the numbers don't 'lie' ... and over 325 people were signed in on the 'I'd like to speak' sheet .... about 15 'pro-bill' and all the rest against ...
and most people in attendance agree there were at least 400 citizens present ...

In any case, the two sides were only allowed 'equal' time to speak. The Police Chief of Bellevue, Wa (one wonders what she was doing there ??) purported to speak "for herself" and as a private citizen in favor of the unconstitutional proposed bill ... but yet she wore her Chief's PD uni (??) ...
Seattle PD has not taken a public position on the proposed bill as of yet, but reports say the rank & file policemen are against it ... :)

Here's a clip of the proceedings (you don't have to watch it all, unless you're a masochist or REALLY interested) which gives a 'flavor' of the modern elitist politician in operation -- it's a perfect example of one of the arrogant 'don't do as I do, do as I say' politicians in operation ... one of those who are the bane of this country, state, and locality ... another problem w/ Mr. Kline is that he conducted the public session -- and he's the prime sponsor of the bill -- kinda' a conflict of interest in most venues. Another problem is that Senator Kline (a long-time Seattle left winger & anti-gun advocate) really isn't familiar with all the points in his OWN proposed bill ...

While these kind of things are never 'dead' until the session is over (and then we wait until next year) ... vigilance is always the watch word and at a premium dealing w/ people whose main purpose in life is manifest in their desire to control our lives ... as they always seem to go for the demagogic, the hysterical, the half-truth, the symptoms -- they never seem to look at the root cause nor the solutions.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
It's been about 15 years since I've lived in Washington, but it disgusts me what has happened there. That's my home...and if this trend continues, I don't know if I'll ever want to go back.

Keep it strong, A4s.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Shame I didnt see this until after I had left Washington after being up there for a visit. I think the pudget sound area is amazingly beautiful. I would consider living there but not if I would have to leave some of my "Assault Weapons" Elsewhere.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I'm hearing a lot of chatter about a new federal law dealing with CCW and reciprocity amongst all 50 states. Any one have any updates or experience with this?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, but it's funny to reread the worry over a WA state "assault weapon" ban after they just legalized suppressors here. :)

phrogpilot73

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about a new federal law dealing with CCW and reciprocity amongst all 50 states. Any one have any updates or experience with this?
I get NRA-ILA updates, it looks like it passed the House and a companion bill was introduced in the Senate.

phrogpilot73

I was notified at a recent firearms class it is dead.
Who in the H E Double Hockey sticks is teaching your firearms class? I'd start to question his competence if he can't even keep track of the news/laws regarding guns...

H.R. 822 "The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Bill" was passed by the House of Representatives in November, 2011 by a vote of 272-154. On March 13th (just two days ago), S.2188 "The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act of 2012" was introduced by U.S. Senators Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Joe Manchin (D-W.V.). It is the Senate's version of H.R. 822. It is very much not dead.

Source

exNavyOffRec

Who in the H E Double Hockey sticks is teaching your firearms class? I'd start to question his competence if he can't even keep track of the news/laws regarding guns...

H.R. 822 "The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Bill" was passed by the House of Representatives in November, 2011 by a vote of 272-154. On March 13th (just two days ago), S.2188 "The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act of 2012" was introduced by U.S. Senators Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Joe Manchin (D-W.V.). It is the Senate's version of H.R. 822. It is very much not dead.

Source

That is great news, it is nice to see a few people with "D" after their being gun friendly.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
This question is more directed at the process of getting a gun. I live in California and am looking to purchase a handgun. I also was pro rec'd NFO in February. Does the background check for the gun interfere with or halt the background check the navy is doing? I'm getting conflicting information regarding this topic. Any insight or experience would be appreciated!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
This question is more directed at the process of getting a gun. I live in California and am looking to purchase a handgun. I also was pro rec'd NFO in February. Does the background check for the gun interfere with or halt the background check the navy is doing? I'm getting conflicting information regarding this topic. Any insight or experience would be appreciated!

No. I could add a bunch more but any CA BS will not interfere with your USN background investigation.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
No. I could add a bunch more but any CA BS will not integer with your USN background investigation.

Awesome, thank you. Hopefully I'll be out of the People's Republic of California soon.