• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] Hey, baby, help me lube my barrel?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get yourself to Fallon and you'll find him very accomodating. He likes Single Malt Scotch and building match grade weaponry.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
squeeze said:
thank god... I was afraid I'd have to steer another Springfield Aromry fanboy straight.

I can't help but feel that I am unduly the object of this comment... I'd have to say the Springfield lineup is very impressive and ultimately some of the best values to be found.

So where does one need to be steered straight? A fulton armory M-14 that costs twice as much as a SA and that I can't shoot any better? Or maybe a Glock instead of an XD? Perhaps a Wilson 1911 as opposed to my Operator????

And getting back to the original object of the thread... if your weapon is really gummed up from a very good day at the range... Break Free makes Powder Blast which will disolve just about anything sticking to your weapon. But you really need to lube it well after that because it takes away any resemblence of lube on all finishes.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
I can't help but feel that I am unduly the object of this comment... I'd have to say the Springfield lineup is very impressive and ultimately some of the best values to be found.

So where does one need to be steered straight? A fulton armory M-14 that costs twice as much as a SA and that I can't shoot any better? Or maybe a Glock instead of an XD? Perhaps a Wilson 1911 as opposed to my Operator????

Hey, if you want to pay what SA charges for an M1A filled with Chinese parts, when you could buy a Polytech or Norinco M14S that's filled with Chinese parts for less than half what SA charges, knock yourself out.