• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Growler RAG?

Artur

VT-86
Hi, is there anyone here i could PM about the most recent Growler RAG experience? Probably will be selecting in a couple of months and want to start thinking about where i wanna go. Thanks a bunch!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just started a CAT 2 syllabus as a former Prowler guy. What are you interested in, exactly? PM as necessary.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Also a former Prowler guy who just started the CAT II syllabus a few months ago. Had my first 2 flights last week. Let me know if you have any questions.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also happy to help. Finished up the CATII about 7 months ago, and just got some new RAG grads at our squadron that finished within the last month.

Artur

VT-86
Hey everyone,

Was just selected Growlers and waiting on my orders... I wanted to know two things: What would you recommend looking at/memorizing prior to getting to 129? Not to seem like a huge nerd but i am one of those people who needs to sit down and spend some time studying.

The other question is : I know next class up date is in September but would anyone have any info if the class is full / if they waiting on other people to arrive? Asking that so i could properly plan out my PCS move and other things in between. Thanks for all the info, excited to be living in Whidbey!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
90% of everything you're about to learn, especially as a WSO (or whatever acronym fits Growlers) is classified.

Enjoy your time off.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Enjoy your time off.

This.

Congrats on selection. Your PCS dates and class-up date will be determined for you. Best to let go of the reins and enjoy being a young dude with a cross country move/drive to look forward. Spend some down time planning out your trip and make the most of the time you're about to have.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Take leave. Drink beer. Forget about studying for awhile. There will probably be three NATOPS changes between now and when you class up anyway and you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn the jet when you get here. For as complex as the Growler is, the basic fam/form stuff is pretty easy to learn. Plus, the earlier you get here and check in, the earlier they can schedule you for fun stuff like FOD walk down and command PT.