• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GPA for BDCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip

How much does GPA weigh in regards to getting accepted into the BDCP program? If you score high on the ATSB will they pay less attention to a lower GPA? I did poorly in my first year of college yet I have managed this year to bring my GPA up from a 2.5 to a 3.10. This upcoming spring I will be a junior at the University of Georgia majoring in Computer Science. With my not so competetive GPA should I even apply to BDCP?

John Stell

NavyLonghorn

Why not apply? GPA is important, but I got in with a 3.3. If you get rejected BDCP, you can always apply later for a regualr OCS spot.

Logan Ridley

Same here, I had a gpa of 3.4 and was not a hard science major (Poli-Sci). However, I did very well on the ASTB and the PRT. Try it out.

srvmcm

I've been hearing the new minimum GPA is 3.2 or 3.3... I swore in a year and a half ago with a 3.4. I've heard you need to be way way over that mark right now though

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
A 3.1 will be a tough sell even with a high ASTB score. Aviation is a really selective field at the moment. I say apply. What have you got to lose. Just don't be upset if you don't get it the first time out. I'll tell you, if you can get that GPA up to around a 3.3, you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't, and I was a non-science major (creative writing).

Logan Ridley

I didn't see this the first time, but you have a real problem that will harder to overcome than your GPA. You went to Georgia!!

Go Gators!!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been professionally recommended with a 3.3 or so. I'm still waiting on the official selection... If you rock on the ASTB and have a strong package overall I think you stand a good chance. The BEST source for good information will be your recruiter. He/she will know what they are calling a "competitive profile" and whether you fit that or not. Even if you don't you should apply anyway. You've got nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.