• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GPA calculation - 6 transfer credits and 101 credits from a decade ago

BLUF: trying to find out exactly how GPA is calculated from multiple transcripts and transfer credits, for the purposes of determining if I need to request a waiver or not.

I have searched on this forum and found conflicting answers. I have asked officers that I work with and been told that only the GPA listed on my conferred degree transcript will be used. I emailed Mr. Celestin this past week and did not receive a straight forward answer.

I understand it's tough without sharing my transcripts but this is what I'm working with:

I attended college for one term, completing 14 credits with a 2.73 GPA. I then transferred to a second school for three years where I attempted 87 credits and made the absolutely foolish decision to stop showing up for class in my last terms, resulting in a 1.55 GPA.

After dropping out, I enlisted in 2013. I completed my undergrad earlier this year with a 3.88 GPA. My conferred degree transcript lists six 3-credit transfer courses with no grade. These courses were not included in my degree GPA calculation. Will the original course grades simply be matched with the transfer courses and averaged in?

Other sources have stated that all courses attempted will be used to calculate GPA. I personally calculated my total GPA, based on every course that I have ever taken, and it brings my 3.88 down to an abysmal (but waiverable) 2.76.

In the face of uncertainty, would it be advised that I err on the side of caution and simply submit a GPA waiver request? I have four weeks until my deadline, so that would not be ideal; but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish this goal.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
BLUF: trying to find out exactly how GPA is calculated from multiple transcripts and transfer credits, for the purposes of determining if I need to request a waiver or not.

I have searched on this forum and found conflicting answers. I have asked officers that I work with and been told that only the GPA listed on my conferred degree transcript will be used. I emailed Mr. Celestin this past week and did not receive a straight forward answer.

I understand it's tough without sharing my transcripts but this is what I'm working with:

I attended college for one term, completing 14 credits with a 2.73 GPA. I then transferred to a second school for three years where I attempted 87 credits and made the absolutely foolish decision to stop showing up for class in my last terms, resulting in a 1.55 GPA.

After dropping out, I enlisted in 2013. I completed my undergrad earlier this year with a 3.88 GPA. My conferred degree transcript lists six 3-credit transfer courses with no grade. These courses were not included in my degree GPA calculation. Will the original course grades simply be matched with the transfer courses and averaged in?

Other sources have stated that all courses attempted will be used to calculate GPA. I personally calculated my total GPA, based on every course that I have ever taken, and it brings my 3.88 down to an abysmal (but waiverable) 2.76.

In the face of uncertainty, would it be advised that I err on the side of caution and simply submit a GPA waiver request? I have four weeks until my deadline, so that would not be ideal; but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish this goal.

If you don't find it, CNRC will.

I never received a reply from CNRC but I spoke with Mr. Celestin over the phone.

GPA shall be calculated using all transcripts and all courses attempted.

I made the mistake of following bad gouge and am now faced with asking for a waiver on short notice. Frustrating, but I will work through it. Hopefully others don't make the same mistake.