• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got a question for you LCDR Geerst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

I applied for BDCP back in July of last year and I got rejected. I am re-applying in April of this year. The thing is.. that I also graduate from Embry-Riddle in June. My recruiter has informed that I should apply for a direct acession in April instead of BDCP since I would probably Grad before the board made its decision.

Will the board look at this unfavorably and just pass me up till I graduate? I am a prior AD3 and a (drilling reservist) and am Graduating with a 3.7 GPA in the infamous B.S. in Pro Aeronautics degree and an A.S. in AV. Maintenance. I have a minor in both Av. Safety and Business Admin. I did ok on my OAR (retaking it soon). I'm not really asking a "what are my chances?" question but, I am real concerned that I will get passed over because of applying so close to graduation and that I will have to wait six months to apply again.

geerst

AD3,

To which officer community did you apply? You will not get picked up for BDCP regardless of the community; your time-frame is too close. There is no 6-month wait period to re-apply. You are retesting on the ASTB soon. Your third try on the test will require a 6-month wait. You have good academics and experience for AMDO. Put that down as one of your choices, if it interests you. Ensure you get an officer interview from an LCDR or higher AMDO officer.

LCDR Geers

Goliath112

LCDR Geers,

I applied for AMDO, (the CM called me, but they weren't to keen on BDCP for me). SWO and Supply. My question is that since I graduate in June 03.

Can I apply for a direct acession in late April?

Or do they want me to wait till the day I graduate before I can re-submit an application.
I really want SWO, but since I have been told that its hopeless to get in right now, i'm not gonna put it down.
ashamed_125.gif
Thanks for the info sir. My recuriter does answer my questions, but he told me that I have to wait six months between applications...which starts after you get rejection letter. He didn't say it was a solid rule, but more like a guideline. Interestingly enough, my first recruiter was a SWO. Then I came in one day and they told me he'd gotten out...EAOS

AD3 Joe Navy

Lewisinhk

geerst:
have you heard or know anything about the Navy paying for 25 hours of civilian flight time before SNA training starts? can this flight time be gathered before OCS or is it after a successful completion of OCS?
Matt

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Its after ocs and its called IFS. Do a search on this site and you'll find a wealth of info on IFS.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.