• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Earth

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I understand that. I still think the potential for what's there (or has been in the past) is pretty interesting on an academic level, though, at least to me. Sure I don't need to know, but it sure would be neat to see/know what they do there, if they still do anything there. And I'm in no way talking about anything "alien" related, as that's just ghey.

Considering that its most likely purpose is to serve as a secure place to test unacknowledged developmental aircraft, it's probably no more exciting than the flight line at PAX or China Lake.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Considering that its most likely purpose is to serve as a secure place to test unacknowledged developmental aircraft, it's probably no more exciting than the flight line at PAX or China Lake.

Brett

I don't know, I think back in the '50s-'60s it would have been pretty exciting to see/know about the SR-71, or in the '70s to know about the F-117 (or F-19, whatever it was called back then). That's all I was getting at.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Lots of times during a flag, they'll let those who are properly read in to fly right through R-4808. Been there, done that, it's just another airfield folks.

Brett

Brett, do you go house to house on Christmas Eve telling small children that Santa Claus doesn't exist too? :icon_wink Don't crush all these guys imaginations, they're fragile!

-HD

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, do you go house to house on Christmas Eve telling small children that Santa Claus doesn't exist too? :icon_wink Don't crush all these guys imaginations, they're fragile!

-HD

Worse yet, I've been telling people their Christian God doesn't exist either, but it would seem as though logic, reason and theology don't get along too well. ;)

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Anyone ever wonder why Christmas is so close to the winter solstice...Co-opted pagan holiday perhaps???:eek:

GMan1976

Banned

-HD

duh... .everybody knows that Santa Claus is just Jesus in a red suit. :D right?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know, I think back in the '50s-'60s it would have been pretty exciting to see/know about the SR-71, or in the '70s to know about the F-117 (or F-19, whatever it was called back then). That's all I was getting at.

I remember watching a show about F-117 development. They had two teams working on it concurrently in two hangars, next to each other. They worked in such shifts that they didn't know the other team existed or that there were two F-117s being developed. Pretty wild.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At the risk of creating a threadjack, could ya explain the quote? It sparked my interest!

You know, the whole faith vs. reason thing. I don't want to get into a big theological debate here though. It's like herding cats.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I remember watching a show about F-117 development. They had two teams working on it concurrently in two hangars, next to each other. They worked in such shifts that they didn't know the other team existed or that there were two F-117s being developed. Pretty wild.

That is interesting. I bet no one goes to a room/building they're not authorized for at that place. FWIW, I hear this is how they built the two new R2-D2 units for the new movies, as well. ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hey check out one of the navy bases in San Diego

shocking huh?

I love it. "Do Americans know the nature of their government?" Like the shape of a 60 year old building on the Amphib Base influences the government. There are/were a bunch of swastika shaped facilities at Navy Lakehurst left over from the Zeppelin days before the Nazis were public enemy #1.

Brett