• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Earth

kray1395

All of that Microsoft Flight Simulator time as a kid payed off. One gets to know the Chicago area pretty well after constantly taking off from Meigs airport at the beginning of every flight simulator session.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
What do you guys think about people being able to see an exact layout of the bases and the postions of the aircraft there? I was looking at Fort Hase Cove across the mt range from Honolulu Hawaii. The CH-53's are only 210' from the shore on the SSW side.
pos:
21*26'29.12" N
157*46'05.12" W

It's not realtime. Images can be years old. This information was available before GoogleEarth was even a conception. You just had to pay for it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
What do you guys think about people being able to see an exact layout of the bases and the postions of the aircraft there? I was looking at Fort Hase Cove across the mt range from Honolulu Hawaii. The CH-53's are only 210' from the shore on the SSW side.
pos:
21*26'29.12" N
157*46'05.12" W
It's really irrelevant. The images are not real time, or even current within years oftentimes. Base layout isn't exactly a state secret and is available on most commonly available roadmaps. Having a map of the base isn't the cornerstone of a plan to attack it.

Edit: Damn you, Fly!

Brett

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
ghost119 said:
What do you guys think about people being able to see an exact layout of the bases and the postions of the aircraft there?
XX*XX'XX.XX" N
XXX*XX'XX.XX" W
As already stated, images may be up to 3 years old. But, I'm trying to figure out why someone would suggest a potential OPSEC violation, and then go ahead and post very specific details about said threat.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ACTUALLY .... I used Google Earth to track the safety and security of my Benz in the employee parking lot in HNL for the past 1 1/2 years .... otherwise, it might have ended up on Waianai Coast with some Mokes living in it ..... :icon_mi_1

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
kray1395 said:

Real Midway:
Midway2004.jpg

Airport named in memory of Midway:
mdw.jpg

BTW: Traveling through Chicago Midway last month and they have a real nice Battle of Midway memorial in the concourse with an SBD hanging from the ceiling.