• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Earth Flight Simulator

usmcecho4

pilot
In the latest version of Google Earth there is a hidden flight simulator program. It's pretty basic but the scenerey really good. Start Google Earth and hit Ctrl+Alt+A (PC) or Command+Option+A (mac). Controls are a little difficult but there is a help file.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
What I'd really like to see is Microsoft putting a link to Google Earth (or, more likely, Windows Live), in Flight Simulator, so you'd see the "real" scenery when you fly rather than the artificial terrain and scenery textures. That would probably be enough to keep me from leaving the house for a few days.

If you're having trouble getting it to work, try zooming in on an airport and then hitting crtl-alt-A again. I couldn't get it to work until I zoomed in on DCA.

Classy of them to include Meigs as one of the few options.

If you want to use an airport other than the few in the list, you can zoom in on the runway you want in the regular mode, tilt the view until you're looking at the horizon, then start the flight simulator and use the "current view" option.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Landing is pretty easy with a stick. Finding a field can be tough if you're low and unfarmiliar with the area.