• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Out & In's for chow...

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
KXNA-Good BBQ Sandwiches
KTXK-Big Jakes (BBQ) $3 Coupon for all the BBQ Brisket you want...
KDAL-A place called (I think) Celebrations...good Fried Chicken
KIOW- Bobs Your Uncle- great Stonefire Pizza, not for a quick meal
KBFL-FBO has a great Pheasant Meal (last time I was there was 1999)

Pickle surprise has got the right idea...

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
KTLH: Place that has the mondo Pizza slices, Bunky took me there forever ago... What the hell was the name of that place?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Anybody in Corpus been to T82? (Fredericksburg)

Not sure if it is contract fuel but they have a diner right there on the tarmac that has one of the best burgers I have had. It's also has a pretty cool little hotel but not a whole lot to do there for a xc. We went there a couple times flying the mighty Cessna 172.

http://www.hangarhotel.com/diner.htm

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KMLU - Good Cajun food there as well; they have a crew car and there's a good place out by ULA-Monroe.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
Second Fredericksburg! I have a family member who's been there and said it was a great place. Does it have contract gas? If so, the runway is large enough for the venerable TC-12, just gotta convince an instructor to go there...

ImfromJersey

Check out Ellington in south Houston for all CC guys. The FBO is sweet, they hook you up with a sports car, and Mamacitas mexican is sick

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
KARA: Great eats and shrimp etouffee, plus a helping of catfish and fries... Now that's good. (Plus an old Stearman in the hangar)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
KARA: Great eats and shrimp etouffee, plus a helping of catfish and fries... Now that's good. (Plus an old Stearman in the hangar)

Where do I begin...
Florala - pulled pork burritos and funky runway
Andalusia - Great menu, perfect for breakfast
Gainesville - Pizza and scenery
TLH - Momo's Pizza and scenery
Babe Minette - scenery and locale for forms
Monroeville - abosolutely no reason to ever go there
Mobile (downtown or regional) - order pizza, cinni-sticks, and have them throw cookies in the oven...they will do it and smile about it
Tuscaloosa - dreamland and scenery
Hammond - giant muffalattas
Chennault - the best cajun chow ever, ice cream is in the freezer

That's just from T-34 land...

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Babe Minette - scenery and locale for forms

Gonna have to agree with this one. Awesome service and "scenery". Nothing says safety like a girl in short shorts, small t-shirt, and leather gloves fueling your helo.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're handing out calendars now, too.

For more info on this topic, for the FNGs or if by chance you don't know about it: FBOHotties.com

An IP I flew with a lot in -10 had a copy of The $100 Hamburger that came in pretty handy, especially for cross-country time. The current edition is a few years old, but you can get a subscription to his website and get all the updates for something like $20 a year.

It's out of range for the VT guys, but for Big Boy XC's (NGU to Fallon was usually when we'd stop) - the best FBO food in America, hands-down, is at Forbes Field, Kansas. It's a KS ANG and Business field outside of Topeka. Million Air is the FBO operator. For a buck you get a heaping platter of KC-style BBQ - shredded pork, brontosaurus ribs, slaw, beans, plus drink. And they have an auto-dog machine! If you eat it there, the guy who works the BBQ counter will refill your plate for free.

Just don't do like one of our planes did and break down there. Not much else going on in Topeka.