• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Out & In's for chow...

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
List your current locale, and you favorite place to go for chow, and other visual amenities...

Corpus: Gonna try KDWH tomorrow hopefully.

I remember in Pcola going to KCWF and eating some righteous Nawlin's Po'boys down the street, but cant remember the name.

KGNV: Best FBO I've been to as a cone, Retired O-6 runs the place, awesome guy with a limo to the Swamp for broke da mouf' grinds

Places to stray away from too are welcomed..

Lookin to start a tag for places to fill up when on the road, If my search skills suck and there's already been one, then I fail..

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
From NQI,

KEFD- Awesome FBO, tons of nearby food too.
KDWH- Cheap lunch/T-shirt combo, had delicious BBQ.
KARA- 2$ Poboy's and gumbo, had a cute FBO girl the times I've been there.

When I was at Whiting Monroeville always had good food, so did Andalusia, they seemed to be the IP's favorite stops. Mobile downtown had solid FBO service, they would order you a pizza or two if you gave them a shout on the unicom a few minutes ahead of time.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Dirty said:
Good Out & In's for chow...

I believe you meant to write "Good In-N-Outs." :D
Alas, they are only located on the West Coast. :(

In-N-Out.jpg

Raptor2216

Just stopped by in Waco the other day and ate at a place called Crickets in the downtown area...pretty good food and what seemed like an awesome selection of beer...of course I couldn't have any of that. There is also a really good Mexican place near the airport...don't remember the name but the FBO folks can help you.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
KDWH is my favorite, for sure.

Brooks County/ Falfurrias is a good one, too, for Corpus types. Just call Mr. Cosby first and he'll have food waiting. I've gotten everything from Burger King, to a full King Ranch buffet there. You either have to shoot the NDB or the GPS to get in, though.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gordon Biersch is the fucking Applebee's of brewpubs. Next.

MasterBates

Florala, AL is good for a gas/grub/go if you can get in there (short runway IIRC, and not a lot of approaches, I always went in on NVG training hops).

Pluses- Good food cheap, attractive help (in 2005 anyways) and contract gas. Hot pumps OK if you want it.

Minuses- If your APU says "fuck you boss man" you will likely be sleeping in the Hotel Del Sikorsky/Grumman/Beechcraft/Bell. There ain't much else out there. Not sure if they have a Huffer, but it wouldn't help in a 60B or T-45. The do have power carts for 28V, not sure about 115v/400hz.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
KXNA-Good BBQ Sandwiches
KTXK-Big Jakes (BBQ) $3 Coupon for all the BBQ Brisket you want...
KDAL-A place called (I think) Celebrations...good Fried Chicken
KIOW- Bobs Your Uncle- great Stonefire Pizza, not for a quick meal
KBFL-FBO has a great Pheasant Meal (last time I was there was 1999)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
KVCT- Victoria Texas

2 bucks for pretty much anything at the sky diner. I recommend the chicken fried steak. You might have to wait 2 hours to take off, but worth it.

STLEngineer

pilot
Second on KCWF and KXNA.

KXNA (NW Arkansas) is good for Vance guys. No real good deals on lunch other than that. You can stretch it to Lubbock, TX for some Freebird's, but now that there's one in Norman it's not as big a deal.

At KCWF (Lake Charles, LA) they'll deliver your crawfish etouffee or po'boy to the airport ($1).

KGJT (Grand Junction, CO) is a little out of the way from training bases, but is an awesome place to visit. Good pizza and toffee ($1).

I'd also agree on KVCT from Corpus, but all the IP's know that already.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Double on the Grand Junction and KCWF. The supreme pizza at KGJT is AMAZING. Plus the FBO is a pretty cool place.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I would have to second KEFD......for those of us going on O/I's there though, the iced beer they always have ready in the Mil section is a tease....