• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Goin' under the knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff29

Science Project
Ok, so I'm not really going under the knife, but it sounds much better than "goin' under the laser". I'm scheduled to have my eyes corrected next Tuesday in Vancouver at the London Place Eye Center. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Hopefully this will clear the path for me to put in an application for a transfer to aviation. Wish me Luck!

--Jeff

vicki

Jeff - It sounds like a bug zapper and smells like a calf branding, but honest to God you won't feel a thing. When you have better than 20/20 uncorrected vision and a pilot slot in hand you'll know it was all worth it. I've been in your shoes and my thoughts are with you. Good luck!

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:
Jeff - It...smells like a calf branding...

Vicki, you're the only vet here...this analogy does us no good! LOL...

[FWIW...I go to an Ag/Vet school (Auburn) so I've had the "pleasure" of smelling the..."wildlife" before...]

Jeff, Good Luck on the surgery. I (pun intended) myself have 20/NPQ-for-Aviator vision.

Edited by - Tripp on 03/22/2001 21:32:51

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Questin for you all
i though laser suragry automatical ruled you from pilot slot? i mean i am pretty close now, so if i could get it i now i would pass with flying colors, so what are the cureent regs??

vicki

Falcaner,

All forms of laser surgery except PRK (photorefractive keratotomy) are disqualifying. PRK has been permitted since Oct. '99. Regs on who's eligible etc. can be found on NOMI's website. Hope this helps.

vicki

Falcener,

Go to www.nomi.med.navy.mil

Click on links. Go to corrective eye surgery or corrective refractive surgery (something like that). It gives you all the details you could possibly want and then some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.