• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GM interested in DCO options

Kaycee Bills

hello!
I am a GM in the reserves. I have a bachelors degree and my Masters degree in the field of social sciences. My bachelors GPA was a 3.8 and my Masters was a 3.9. I am currently a 2nd year PhD student, and my current GPA for my PhD is a 3.9. Since I want to stay on the reserve side and my degrees aren't directly in a specific Navy field (e.g. Medical officers or engineering), I was looking at DCO programs such as supply, public affairs, or even being a reserve human services officer.

I don't really care with what community I commission with, I just want to become an officer. I also want to remain in the reserves because I am on a full ride scholarship for my PhD at a pretty highly recognized school, so that would be too good to give up. I absolutely love being a GM in the Navy reserves, but I am interested in commissioning if it's possible.

Anyone have any insight, advice, or experiences? My NOSC is wonderful, but unfornately it is very small and we don't have a lot of officers. And the officers we do have are in medical and were never enlisted, so they aren't real familiar with the programs I am looking into.

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
hello!
I am a GM in the reserves. I have a bachelors degree and my Masters degree in the field of social sciences. My bachelors GPA was a 3.8 and my Masters was a 3.9. I am currently a 2nd year PhD student, and my current GPA for my PhD is a 3.9. Since I want to stay on the reserve side and my degrees aren't directly in a specific Navy field (e.g. Medical officers or engineering), I was looking at DCO programs such as supply, public affairs, or even being a reserve human services officer.

I don't really care with what community I commission with, I just want to become an officer. I also want to remain in the reserves because I am on a full ride scholarship for my PhD at a pretty highly recognized school, so that would be too good to give up. I absolutely love being a GM in the Navy reserves, but I am interested in commissioning if it's possible.

Anyone have any insight, advice, or experiences? My NOSC is wonderful, but unfornately it is very small and we don't have a lot of officers. And the officers we do have are in medical and were never enlisted, so they aren't real familiar with the programs I am looking into.

Thanks!

1. Talk to an OR.
2. See number 1.

When you're facing more specific questions then ask.