• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting your NMCI account

EvilGN

pilot
(Please sticky if appropriate)

For those who do take a look at this board heading to API, one tidbit of advise I can give is to get your NMCI account in a timely manner. Some students over the past few months have blown this task off and it has caused issues down the road with follow on training. Every student will have to have a NMCI account in order to recieve squadron emails and will also have to have PKI certificates on their ID card in order to access the Naval Flight Weather Briefer. The current process involves getting your account during A-Pool, so it is in your best interest to not blow this off. Also, if you do get an account early on in A-pool and let it go dormant, that will cause major headaches for you and the people involved in getting you the account, so make sure you log in to a NMCI computer once every couple months while stashed somewhere.

The procedures for getting an account are handed out during check in, so there is not much for anyone to do prior to getting to API.

If you already have an account for whatever reason, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM!!!! Getting a second account is a show stopper.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
FYI, It has to be done between 0800 and 1000 in rm 204 API bldg. You have to have completed the Information Assurance Awareness training online, come with your certificate in hand.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
So...here is a really stupid question...

Somehow I managed to live for 9+ years in the Nav without an NMCI account...Wasn't able to get one, along with my entire class, made it through primary and more than half of advanced and still don't have one.

My question is...how do I fix this?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So...here is a really stupid question...

Somehow I managed to live for 9+ years in the Nav without an NMCI account...Wasn't able to get one, along with my entire class, made it through primary and more than half of advanced and still don't have one.

My question is...how do I fix this?

Well, it has only been around/fully implemented for the last 5 or so years. Enjoy your NMCI freedom while it lasts.

Brett

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well, it has only been around/fully implemented for the last 5 or so years. Enjoy your NMCI freedom while it lasts.

Brett

Still not quite fully implemented. My command has resisted so far, although our day is coming....

haubby

None
Contributor
Still not quite fully implemented. My command has resisted so far, although our day is coming....

I'm the NMCI rep for my command but your command should have a designated NMCI site coordinator/ACTR for initial implementation and afterwards to handle MAC requests and what not. He/She will provide rosters to NMCI for initial account creations (its important to NMCI that if you have previously had an account that you inform your site coordinator for its a different type of MAC) When I submit MAC's to create an account the turnaround time is usually one day or less. Its painless process for its about the easiest MAC to do.

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot

Lower your shields and surrender your computers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours. Resistance is futile. -- NMCI mission statement

NMCI

Lower your shields and surrender your computers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours. Resistance is futile. -- NMCI mission statement

That's it, your files are toast. I'll call it "Scheduled Maintenance". Plan on having to get a new CAC card every other week too.

V/R,

The NMCI

MasterBates

NMCI can lick my nuts.

That is the worst wide scale IT infrastructure project I have EVER seen. And from having worked at UTC and GM, that is saying something.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
It sucks more when you have to wait for the NMCI to log on, and then wait to log into NALCOMIS.